Mechanically noisy at idle when warm

As suggested unplug the AF-XIED`s at the plugs that come from the GS`s wiring loom, it will take the lambda sensors and the AF-XIED`s out of circuit and the ECU will default to a setting of lambda 1,0 which is an AFR of 14.7 to 1.
It will give you a starting point.
Or download the GS911 software after plugging in the GS911 to the laptop via USB . when the GS911 is plugged in to the bike you will be able to see the output waveforms' from the lambda sensors, there are examples on the Hexcode website.

Thanks, appreciate all the help.
When using the GS911 I'm guessing it's probably best to disconnect the AFXiED. Thinking they will skew the readings.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

The graph readings using the GS911 with the AFXIED`s fitted will still show an erratic trace between approximately 0.2v and 0.8v, . The readings will be slightly skewed but you will not be able to tell the difference with the AFXIED`s fitted.
I measure the actual AFR`s to check the AFXIED`s are working.
If going on a trip I would suggest that first you do as Steptoe suggested and first test the primary and secondary coils it only takes minutes and costs nothing.
Then if they are ok disconnect the lambda sensors so that you have a reading of lambda 1.0 on real time values on both cylinders.

or simply disconnect lamda and see if things improve??

It would be strange to have a coil failure at idle

It should be misfiring under load BIG time if its doing that

I have disconnected both secondary coils with engine warm and let it idle. Then disconnected each primary in turn and engine still ran on each sides pot with no discernable difference. Swapped primary coils anyway and same result as you would expect.
Just got in the garage and plugged GS911 in and performed and auto scan with just ignition on.

Don't really know what I'm looking at but did manage to get a .csv log file from cold and idling for a while then held at 4000rpm for a bit.
Would someone be able to decode it for me please? Tried to attach here but said it was an invalid file type so saved as notepad .txt and hope its attached.
Now going to take bike out for run then repeat when I get back.

Attachments

• log 2021-09-12.csv.txt
    35.8 KB · Views: 29
Just got back from run with Lambda and XiEDs disconnected from main loom plug and much better hot tickover so now to reconnect lambdas to main loom without XiEDs.

Looks like it was the left side AF XiED unit gone bad. Bike idled fine with Lambdas connected to main loom.
Let's hope that's the end of it and I can enjoy Spain and Portugal for the next few weeks without issue

Thanks for all the help chaps, was much appreciated.

Your determination is to be commended Sir, really hope your journey goes well.... Enjoy and stay safe.

Robbi

Your determination is to be commended Sir, really hope your journey goes well.... Enjoy and stay safe.

Robbi

Cheers, now that's hopefully sorted I better start packing I guess :nenau
Looking at the weather it predicts thunderstorms for the first couple of days...bugger! :blast

Cheers, now that's hopefully sorted I better start packing I guess :nenau
Looking at the weather it predicts thunderstorms for the first couple of days...bugger! :blast

At least it falls mainly on the plain.

Glad you've sorted it. Have a great trip. Love the picos.

did you remember to fit your ear plugs correctly - otherwise they all sound like a cement mixer with a death wish

did you remember to fit your ear plugs correctly - otherwise they all sound like a cement mixer with a death wish
Lol, I know they are noisy, but if you had heard my one it had Spinal Tap beaten hands down...it was turned up to 12.

Just another thank you for all the help chaps and a little pic of where my old yellow tractor has got me to so far on day 2 of this trip.
66bd40dabde4c74135f66bec220e3102.jpg
bfde22a44315f63e9dae75ca280becf6.jpg

Well just arrived on the Costa del Sol at my mates apartment and whipped out both primary spark plugs, see pic below.
We've done around 1500miles to get here and the plugs were new when I left. Bike hasn't missed a beat and is still idling sweetly like a bag of highly polished spanners rather than the broken rusty lot before
If I get access to a laptop while I'm down here I'll plug the GS911 in.

Back
Top Bottom