Headlight protector

99.9 % of headlight broken come from fall off bike and it is the plastic case broken, but offroad bike must look more offroad for coffee run :beerjug:

Is the 99.9% an official figure? Or a guess? The fact is headlights do get broken and they are £1000+ to replace so deciding to protect it in my view is a sensible one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does seem strange that our big beefy go-anywhere-do-anything Tonka-toy bikes are so fragile…

I put a headlight protector on and also radiator guards.

Probably cost 30 quid in total and they might never be tested out but I’d rather have them than not.

Light guard

I just fitted one from Kevin & was easy to fit & delivered very promptly. Just seen some posts on Facebook from a chap saying it completely distorts the main beam & he can't use at night.
Whilst I don't often ride at night the thought of not being able to use main beam is a bit disconcerting.
It's not clear on FB if it was same make/model (I've gone for completely clear though with GSA cut in) but wondered if anyone else had tried out in the cark & what results were?

I would rather not think I need to carry original screws around & remove if I find myself out at night - especially as it will most likely be at end of a long day riding.

I took mine off for the same reason and offered it for free on here. I ride all year and at all times of the day (and night) so need good lights. I have D4s fitted too, so the effect was less obvious. I also thought (in my opinion) that the fixings were a bit 'cheap' looking, although I think the more recent offerings have better fixings. I finally chucked it out yesterday whilst digging around in the garage.

Last edited:
I just fitted one from Kevin & was easy to fit & delivered very promptly. Just seen some posts on Facebook from a chap saying it completely distorts the main beam & he can't use at night.
Whilst I don't often ride at night the thought of not being able to use main beam is a bit disconcerting.
It's not clear on FB if it was same make/model (I've gone for completely clear though with GSA cut in) but wondered if anyone else had tried out in the cark & what results were?

I would rather not think I need to carry original screws around & remove if I find myself out at night - especially as it will most likely be at end of a long day riding.

Hi Jerry on the LC models the guard I make is positioned within 10mm of the headlight and it’s tried and tested at night with no noticeable change. On Hex it’s a little bit further away and you may get some bounce back but it’s easily remedied. On the 1150 there are no issues again with my guards due to the close proximity to the headlight.

Light guard

Hi Jerry on the LC models the guard I make is positioned within 10mm of the headlight and it’s tried and tested at night with no noticeable change. On Hex it’s a little bit further away and you may get some bounce back but it’s easily remedied. On the 1150 there are no issues again with my guards due to the close proximity to the headlight.

Thanks Kevin, mine is 2021 model 1250 GSA. Guess I will just have to take it out in dark & see what I think. Will soon be able to do it quite early of an evening 🙄.

Thanks Kevin, mine is 2021 model 1250 GSA. Guess I will just have to take it out in dark & see what I think. Will soon be able to do it quite early of an evening .

Let me know what you think

I’ve fitted one off theses from this seller, to my Triple black, adaptive headlight model. No issues at all in the dark on main beam, works fine and for the cost is a piece of mind from loose stone chipping etc

Back
Top Bottom