Rukka or other brand ?

Deleted account 230524001

Reaction score
I might consider some new clothing, at the moment I use Rev-It which has been very good, but from time to time we all fancy a change

So, what would be your recommendation ? I know that Rukka is excellent but is it worth the price tag and if so which model would be the best choice

I don't tour anymore so need a suit for U.K weather/use only, obviously safety and protection against the elements is important as is the weight / practicality

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

I might consider some new clothing, at the moment I use Rev-It which has been very good, but from time to time we all fancy a change

So, what would be your recommendation ? I know that Rukka is excellent but is it worth the price tag and if so which model would be the best choice

I don't tour anymore so need a suit for U.K weather/use only, obviously safety and protection against the elements is important as is the weight / practicality

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Rukka Nivala is IMO opinion the best textile suit available for your needs - incredibly comfortable totally waterproof and warm when the down liner ( in itself a wonderful bit of kit) is in

Klim badlands is also very very good but stiff and more off road focussed IMO

If you cant pick up a decent 2nd hand one on here do not fear the customs issues with going to the likes of FC moto

Just got a Nivala having tried on Klim, BMW and Stadler

By far the most comfortable and functional - but very expensive!

1st impressions after a few weeks wear are that it is excellent...

I suppose you get what you pay for?

Thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately your suit would be too big for me, I have also lost some weight :thumb

It's a real shame because having already done some research your suit would be ideal for my requirements, and you are offering it at a great price

GLWS :)

I had excellent wear from Halvarssons kit in the past, well priced and well made :thumb

Rukka,Dane, Stadler, newer Richa laminate looks good quality.

Thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately your suit would be too big for me, I have also lost some weight :thumb

It's a real shame because having already done some research your suit would be ideal for my requirements, and you are offering it at a great price

GLWS :)
Well put some weight back on and buy it. :thumb2

I have heard a rumour that the Nivala suit is being discontinued and replaced. I haven't heard what the replacement will be yet, or when.

Rukka doesn't vent well (at all?), so if you need a well vented suit, it might be worth avoiding. Rev'it Poseidon 2 gtx is a superb suit and almost half the price of the Rukka, but needs a lot more wearing in, as does Klim kit.

I had a Hein Gerricke Pro V for years, loved it and looked after me very well. Got old and worn out (bit like me) so started looking around. Did loads of research, reviews etc, tried loads on and specifically wanted 3 ply laminate. I thought the Rukka was very stiff and heavy as well as too expensive for me. Klim was too rich for me too. Eventually went for the BMW Streetguard suit-which was on offer. Had it for over a year now, keeps me warm, dry as a bone and has worn in lovely. I reckon I'll get 5-8 years out of it like I did the HG. I think I paid about £700 for the suit compared to nearly double that for the Rukka so personally I feel it's a good investment.

Halvarssons suits or Jackets are fantastic. Great quality, outlast lining works well, totally waterproof and good in built protection. Cheaper than Rukka and I reckon equally as good. Had some good Hein Gerricke jackets in the past too.

Had a wide range of jackets from a number of manufacturers over the years
The Rukka Nivala is by far the best jacket I have had for wet / cold and temps up to low 20's

I bought this last year for warmer days and to save carrying a waterproof over jacket

https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/halvarssons-lysvik-jacket-in-green.html

Surprisingly good even in Scottish summer downpours

Take a deep breath and just buy the Rukka kit ... mine is currently 10 years old and has served me well for all those years with all round year commuting from the south coast to Charing Cross. Brilliant kit. :thumb2

Take a deep breath and just buy the Rukka kit ... mine is currently 10 years old and has served me well for all those years with all round year commuting from the south coast to Charing Cross. Brilliant kit. :thumb2

+1 mine is 10 years old.

I mourn the passing of Hein Gericke, their gortex and sheltex range was fantastic. Used both types professionally for many years and even the sheltex jacket did the job in all weather conditions.
The gortex jacket lasted well over 10 years, I still have the leggings, although tatty, they still work OK, as does the sheltex jacket, but too big for me now.
Thought about the bmw stuff, but didn't want to be brand tied.
The Nivala kit I have now, very expensive, but it oozes quality and fits perfectly, now I have the right size.
Go for it, it'll last you years.

At the moment funds don't permit me to 'shell out' (pun intended) on a new suit, so I will stick with my Rev'It suit and trousers for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom