Rider Seat Recommendations

garethstew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks i am looking for some advice on what rider seat to go for i done fair few miles on the seat came with my 2019 GSA and I just don't find it very comfy on long rides. I have been looking at Sargent seats and Wunderlich just can't decide what one is best to go for or if there is another maker out there that does better.What would you recomend

On my 2019 GSA i tried Wunderlich and Touratech.
I found the Touratech the most comfy with a cool cover and a sheepskin for long rides worked for me.
Maybe try one of those first.

Find the bmw comfort seats (Kahedo) better than standard gsa ones especially when combined with an Airhawk for long journeys (did a 475 mile day the week before last, then 300 miles the next day ) and my modified rallye seat better than standard seat for days out.

Hi folks i am looking for some advice on what rider seat to go for i done fair few miles on the seat came with my 2019 GSA and I just don't find it very comfy on long rides. I have been looking at Sargent seats and Wunderlich just can't decide what one is best to go for or if there is another maker out there that does better.What would you recomend

Where do you stay, Gareth? I've got a Sargent low seat that I'd be happy to let you try.

I have a Sargent with a (chinese) Cool Cover, sufficient for two hours at a time.

Last edited:
down in Irvine North Ayrshire, I have heard a lot of good things about Sargent seats just too many options to go for

down in Irvine North Ayrshire, I have heard a lot of good things about Sargent seats just too many options to go for

You're on the other side of the country but if you want to nip across tae Fife.....:thumb

I bought my new GSA TE in May trading up ;-) from a 2018 GTL. Since then I've put 10k on this bike with three seats. The OEM saddle was a disaster for me and it had to go. No 2 was a Borbro from Hungary. Great workmanship and a good looker but sadly not for me with very little improvement on the OEM comfort wise. No 3 was a Sargent, it's an improvement on 1 & 2 but not so much as you'd notice, even when covered with a sheepskin purchased for a recently completed 5K round trip from Vienna to John O'Groats and many points in between.

My GTL had the usual OEM torture contraption which BMW call a touring saddle. I replaced it with a Russell Day Long. The RDL is a sofa on which I've done several 'Iron Butt' 15 hr+ rides and so I've ordered the same for my GSA. Trouble is the Russell Day Long has a 3-4 months waiting list as its made to measure for rider weight and seat height. And so Garethstew, if you want a seat that's guaranteed to be the best you've ever ridden on IMHO get a Russell Day Long (https://day-long.com/). The rest are merely an expensive and in my view, disappointing precursor to the RDL. If you get an order in shortly you'll have the best seat money can buy for the new season. Good luck....

Sargent seat. Did Jedburgh to Suffolk in one hit without stopping the other day. Excellent addition and they are always worth a bit if you decide to sell it.

Standard height Sargent seat. Perfect.
I'm in cumbria, could meet u half way if u want to try it bud.
PM if u fancy 👌

I’ve found that a Sargent seat with a Cool Cover is the best for me. Note the more you ride the tougher your arse gets. Also due to a back injury I’m doing 3x30 squats per day which has helped a lot with firming up the backside.
Cheers

before spend big money look at clothes you wear, under trousers very important for comfort longer rides, good cotton or bicycle under trousers give a big help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=cotton...&crid=1E66A9AKP116&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_24

Sargent seat for me , I could only do about an hour on the standard seat but can go all day on the sargent , and I agree on clothing just finding what works for you .

Thanks, folks for the reconditions I went and ordered a Sargent seat. If that doesn't work out will look at other options

Different seats suit different arses. There is no one seat that suits all.

A persons, weight, height, length of leg, how they sit, all affect comfort.

Back
Top Bottom