Bloody TRF....

Total rubbish on both points.

Yep, Mrs Berin is made very welcome and always has been, and we ride with people on everything from Serows and 4rides, old Jap 175’s, to newer KTM’s and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know many people who fill such roles in clubs and they do just as good job as if they were "proper jobs". I know at least three people who fill the role of group contact/rep in the link I posted and whilst they did "put their hand up to take on a task" they have done if for years and to a very high standard. There's a long list of very accomplished hand putter uppers in the TRF filling many important roles from event organisation, ROW officer (a term that our local authority likes to use), researchers, map markers and just people happy to meet and greet new members. Just because they don't have a job description doesn't make it not a job, they are all jobs that need doing.

I was not knocking their capability, my point was don’t knock them if you don’t get what you expect as they are just people doing there bit for the organisation/club and yes some happen to do that very well.

I was not knocking their capability, my point was don’t knock them if you don’t get what you expect as they are just people doing there bit for the organisation/club and yes some happen to do that very well.

Thanks for clarifying, it came across a bit dismissive to me when I was pointing out that they do have reps, the TRF does actually require each group to be structured and have certain officers in particular roles. Some groups are better at this than others and my local group has nearly always had long serving and professional acting members in those roles, I note you're just across the border from me in Devon so you may well know some of them.

Thanks for clarifying, it came across a bit dismissive to me when I was pointing out that they do have reps, the TRF does actually require each group to be structured and have certain officers in particular roles. Some groups are better at this than others and my local group has nearly always had long serving and professional acting members in those roles, I note you're just across the border from me in Devon so you may well know some of them.

My TRF activity was in Herts where I was one of those ROW bods you mention - I sold by trail capable bikes before I moved here but starting to get itchy feet for it again

My TRF activity was in Herts where I was one of those ROW bods you mention - I sold by trail capable bikes before I moved here but starting to get itchy feet for it again

Well there's plenty to explore in the SW, come for a ride when you're sorted. I'm still doing ROW stuff in Devon and Cornwall + my other half is the long standing map marker for Devon TRF.

Great lanes in Devon. I spent a weekend at the TRF annual event (can't remember the name of it, something to do with the rivers in Devon).

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Axe to Exe. The lead rider was a great lad and liked to get a wiggle on......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I think you also did Teign to Tamar when it was based at Wheeldon. I don't think you were ever in my group, I always used an XR200.

I think you also did Teign to Tamar when it was based at Wheeldon. I don't think you were ever in my group, I always used an XR200.

I did do it at Wheeldon, one year
Remember your XR200
Also did A to E at Woodbury,2-3 times and last T2T at Parker’s Farm, in 2019
Can’t wait for the next one in 2022

why not buy an o/s map and find the lanes yourself! its part the fun of riding your bike ,you may find others will join you .

Because people have done that in my area and had their bikes confiscated. That is why I am so reluctant to just go out on my own, I can't afford to risk it. Many of the green cross tracks are now prohibited around here.

Me miserable git and another two riders did 550 miles on green lanes tracks and trails in Devon, Dorset and Somerset last week and never saw another rider.

Attachments

• EC2A5810-8A25-4F02-A4A0-6EA5FFCD2692.jpg
    EC2A5810-8A25-4F02-A4A0-6EA5FFCD2692.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 3B799075-1CB1-4675-9E3F-F954D2003C0C.jpg
    3B799075-1CB1-4675-9E3F-F954D2003C0C.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 210
Because people have done that in my area and had their bikes confiscated. That is why I am so reluctant to just go out on my own

You just need some (basic) planning ahead.
Been greenlaning on my own for a couple of years before joining the TRF, never had an issue.

There is this set of maps that are based on OS maps + council data (updated regularly), and the BOATs are cleary marked (purple dashed lines on the map).
https://www.the-thorns.org.uk/mapping/help/ukgarmin.html

At least around where I am, they've been fairly accurate (I always check the signposts to be 100% sure). It is not Ordnance maps, it is not perfect, but good enough to get stuck somewhere in the countryside.

61585875_600856500407174_5163626343236675178_n.jpg

Go to icons top right of page, click icon on right and a list comes up, click public rights of way , then choose whichever you want BOAT is the most obvious then the byways open to all traffic will show up on map.
Hope that helps.

Im having the Same problem, Joined a couple of months ago and paid my fee.

Had no communication since I joined Manchester, with Derby as my second. Neither seem to have an FB page chat group.

Im having the Same problem, Joined a couple of months ago and paid my fee.

Had no communication since I joined Manchester, with Derby as my second. Neither seem to have an FB page chat group.

I sent a personal message to one area Chairman, that was over a month ago - no response. It was just a general enquirey about joining their group but no reply whatsoever, not even a redirection. I don't expect immediate reply, but I thought a month would have been long enough wait for them to find 30 seconds to send a response!

Back
Top Bottom