Bloody TRF....

Go to icons top right of page, click icon on right and a list comes up, click public rights of way , then choose whichever you want BOAT is the most obvious then the byways open to all traffic will show up on map.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Ferret - I haven'tbeen in direct touch because my bike needs work. Hopefully this month I will get it done. I have the R80 but don't want to bash it, so easy gravel tracks, no problem, muddy slippery lanes, no thanks!

Have a look at this up to date definitive map published by DCC Simon

https://maps.derbyshire.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?mapcfg=Ordnance_Survey_Maps

Don't go past a sign that says NO MOTERISED VEHICLES

GU steady

Which is of course all great and it's good that folk will do their own route planning and understand where they can and can't ride (including seasonal TROs)

HOWEVER, joining the TRF also contributes to the activities that they undertake to protect legitimate access to the trails that we are entitled to ride on, including working with councils and other user groups. This is an extremely important activity that just wouldn't happen if the TRF didn't exist, or wasn't funded sufficiently through membership fees. Two of my good friends are "Rights of Roads" officers for our local group and they put a huge amount of time and effort in and get very good results which benefit all of us.

Then there is the very important National Green Road Mapping project, which is ensuring that our rights of way are recorded and permanently captured on a mapping database which will further protect access and ensure that members can easily find where they can legitimately ride.

Of course, some groups are better organised and more active than others, but that's just a fact of life, and hopefully the majority of folk will have no problems finding a group that they fit into well and can then start to enjoy all the benefits that TRF membership brings. :beerjug:

I sent a personal message to one area Chairman, that was over a month ago - no response. It was just a general enquirey about joining their group but no reply whatsoever, not even a redirection. I don't expect immediate reply, but I thought a month would have been long enough wait for them to find 30 seconds to send a response!

Oh really, didn't know the TRF had area chairmen.

Use this.
https://trail.trf.org.uk/members/join/

Thanks Ferret - I haven'tbeen in direct touch because my bike needs work. Hopefully this month I will get it done. I have the R80 but don't want to bash it, so easy gravel tracks, no problem, muddy slippery lanes, no thanks!

me thinks the trf is not for you tbh,re your last 5 words!

Thank goodness someone else pointed that out :D

We can imagine the first point of contact, Dear Sir/(not madam because you're not allowed).
I'd like to join the TRF riding a big bike please, none of those noisy hooligan bikes that make stones fly of the back wheel and heaven forbid anyone gets the front wheel off the ground.
No I would like to only have gentle rides on gravel please and definately no mud or anything remotely slippy.
I eagerly awake your reply.
Yours....

NB. The only asset you need to go and enjoy trail riding is a sense of humour and most importantly to laugh at yourself when it go's tits up ;)

i cant belive after 60 odd posts nobody else did! i mean come on,i want to ride off road but no muddy slippery tracks ffs

i cant belive after 60 odd posts nobody else did! i mean come on,i want to ride off road but no muddy slippery tracks ffs

60 posts is the benchmark, after which it's a free for all :D

Falling off is part of the fun

Why? Are there no gravel tracks or stoney ones? Even muddy lanes dry out in the summer.

I see pictures of people crossing water 2 foot deep with their boots full of water - not for me either. I can't afford to drop my bike, at all. My riding gear is 25 years old and has got to last me a lot longer..... I still have the Belstaff Trialsmaster I bought new in 1979 and still wear it, it has one small mark on the cuff. Just because I don't want to get myself and my bike filthy doesn't mean I can't enjoy going to some of the easier spots with nice views. I just want to know where they are and how to get to them, legally. No more than that.

Why? Are there no gravel tracks or stoney ones? Even muddy lanes dry out in the summer.

I see pictures of people crossing water 2 foot deep with their boots full of water - not for me either. I can't afford to drop my bike, at all. My riding gear is 25 years old and has got to last me a lot longer..... I still have the Belstaff Trialsmaster I bought new in 1979 and still wear it, it has one small mark on the cuff. Just because I don't want to get myself and my bike filthy doesn't mean I can't enjoy going to some of the easier spots with nice views. I just want to know where they are and how to get to them, legally. No more than that.

Just ask if someone on here knows of a route to suit you in your area and is prepared to take you out and show you since the title of this section isn't really your thing.....
It's really that simple......

Just ask if someone on here knows of a route to suit you in your area and is prepared to take you out and show you since the title of this section isn't really your thing.....
It's really that simple......

Thank you.

Simon - As Ferret says click on the link then TRH corner for thr legend
De select all you DONT WANT making sure you select the ONES YOU DO WANT. Zoom in for better detail
They all light up for you. Adopted highways too
HTHY

Assuming that Derbyshire is on your doorstep, take a look at these videos for an idea of what to expect on a greenlane ride. There are location references with the videos so you can go and find them yourself, walk them first and decide if they are what you're looking for.
If you were in the Devon/Cornwall, I can only think of a couple of lanes that might meet your criteria and then only in the dry. However there are plenty of quiet single track country lanes that are just as worthy of exploring which is what we do with small BMW's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhkA4lohZY&list=PLNIUk81J40WNYuEqgyW3LzOReSOdknDM-&ab_channel=WiltshireByways

seriously fella if you cant afford to drop your bike ,dont go off road,if your gear is a 100 years old and you do topple over your gonna get hurt!

Back
Top Bottom