Bloody TRF....

Mr Snafu2. I wasn't trying to be at all negative to your post - Sorry to you if you think I was.
I have done just about all the lanes you posted links to - and enjoyed "riding them" again on youtube.
I was just pointing something out to some of the less aware that some of those lanes are now closed.
There are lots of people about on trails who would just love to photograph and dob in riders in the wrong place
unknowingly

Mr Snafu2. I wasn't trying to be at all negative to your post - Sorry to you if you think I was.
I have done just about all the lanes you posted links to - and enjoyed "riding them" again on youtube.
I was just pointing something out to some of the less aware that some of those lanes are now closed.
There are lots of people about on trails who would just love to photograph and dob in riders in the wrong place
unknowingly

No I didn't think so at all, the opposite in fact as I'd not considered how much the area has changed. I haven't ridden there since 2013 and I know many routes have been closed since then, either by downgrading or TRO but I'd thought the video channel would have updated the status to reflect that. It goes to show that local knowledge whether TRF or just interested party is vital in keeping the right side of the law which was one of King Rats requirements in finding routes.

seriously fella if you cant afford to drop your bike ,dont go off road,if your gear is a 100 years old and you do topple over your gonna get hurt!

I don't think I will - I only go in 2nd and go very steady on the gravel tracks. The Minninglow track I can ride because I have permission from the farmer, and up over the field to the hill mound. 2nd is all I need, just throttle control and engine braking. I don't have ambitions to do 6-day trial type stuff or those bouldery track pictures I see in Wales. I know I cannot cope with them, the easy, flat lanes are all I am after.

Assuming that Derbyshire is on your doorstep, take a look at these videos for an idea of what to expect on a greenlane ride. There are location references with the videos so you can go and find them yourself, walk them first and decide if they are what you're looking for.
If you were in the Devon/Cornwall, I can only think of a couple of lanes that might meet your criteria and then only in the dry. However there are plenty of quiet single track country lanes that are just as worthy of exploring which is what we do with small BMW's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhkA4lohZY&list=PLNIUk81J40WNYuEqgyW3LzOReSOdknDM-&ab_channel=WiltshireByways

Thank you very much. That Bradfield one is exactly the type of standard I was after.

There is no 'woe is me'... just TRF are not all they are perporting to be. Not answering communications is just plain rude and unprofessional. It says an aweful lot about the organisation. I don't want to become an 'off road rider', I just want 2 or 3 outings a year but that does't seem to fit with their requirements. Likewise I don't want to go hurtling across the countryside at 20mph or faster, bottom gear at walking pace will do me just fine.

I ride with 3 TRF sections and sometimes a 4th. They all organise themselves slightly differently, and use different ways to communicate.
If you are emailing someone whose plans rotate around whatsapp, then you will not get the response you are hoping for.
Please dont tar the 'organisation' with the whims of one section.

In south/mid wales there are plenty of rides being set up for big bikes on easier lanes, but you have to get involved and get to communicate with like-minded riders before it happens !!!!
I dont do snotty lanes either, so have to make sure I know where rides are going... and I've ended up leading rides so I get to go where i want with a group of people who want that too ;)

I bumped into some Dorset TRF lads yesterday when pootling about some lanes, they'd stopped for a break in one of Dorsets' famous sunken 'holloways'. They kindly pointed me in the direction of some lovely reclassified lanes which my Himalayan would manage, and pointed out ones I shouldn't try!

Very friendly bunch

I was surprised that they all seemed as old/older than me, 60+, maybe I should try green laneing again :)

A4-F48-BA8-8-FC0-4-EC0-AB95-C83288-D55-E13.jpg

I bumped into some Dorset TRF lads yesterday when pootling about some lanes, they'd stopped for a break in one of Dorsets' famous sunken 'holloways'. They kindly pointed me in the direction of some lovely reclassified lanes which my Himalayan would manage, and pointed out ones I shouldn't try!

Very friendly bunch

I was surprised that they all seemed as old/older than me, 60+, maybe I should try green laneing again :)

A4-F48-BA8-8-FC0-4-EC0-AB95-C83288-D55-E13.jpg

They past me yesterday while I was walking the dogs

Ha... I did tell them to look out for you if they were going that way, hope they waved :)

Back
Top Bottom