Motoscan - ESA calibration

JM-GS

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the motoscan app will perform a ESA calibration on a R1200 GS LC 2014?

Thanks
JM

I've tried unsuccessfuly in the past. Same 2014 GS with the ultimate version of app and the mx+ adapter. Just won't load any modules.

Thanks mutz 👍🏼

I was reading the app reviews on google play store and come across this reply to a review someone had left....

‘WGSoft.de1 November 2018
On K25 and similar is ESA in ZFE module. On K50 and similar it is ESA or SAF module. One of both. If you get no connection to ESA module, then SAF will works and it is the ESA’

I know it’s a big ask, but if mutz or anyone who has the app could try that would be most grateful. Cheers!

BTW-I have asked the app developer, just waiting a response. Will post it on here if anyone is interested

JM

Thanks mutz 👍🏼

‘WGSoft.de1 November 2018
On K25 and similar is ESA in ZFE module. On K50 and similar it is ESA or SAF module. One of both. If you get no connection to ESA module, then SAF will works and it is the ESA’

JM

Hi JM,

I checked this on my 1250 (K51) with my OBDLink MX with the latest firmware and MotoScan app but there is no option to calibrate the ESA.

If I select the ESA module, it does not find it and the SAF module only shows the functions below.
You can only read and clear fault memory/trouble codes. Hope this helps :nenau

P9OVXde.jpg

I've tried unsuccessfuly in the past. Same 2014 GS with the ultimate version of app and the mx+ adapter. Just won't load any modules.

seem like a post from cyber space, GS-911 only for this task

Thanks for your responses everyone.

As Winjar says, appears to be a GS-911 task only.

This has also just been confirmed by the motoscan app developer. Not the response I was hoping for but on a positive note a very prompt reply from motoscan themselves!

So if anyone in or near Bedfordshire with a GS-911 fancies some beer tokens for a quick calibration then please let me know! 😁

Cheers
JM-GS

Thanks for your responses everyone.

As Winjar says, appears to be a GS-911 task only.

This has also just been confirmed by the motoscan app developer. Not the response I was hoping for but on a positive note a very prompt reply from motoscan themselves!

So if anyone in or near Bedfordshire with a GS-911 fancies some beer tokens for a quick calibration then please let me know! 😁

Cheers
JM-GS

Strange that in the post #6 above, the Youtube guy was able to do the calibration. I'd like to get either the Motoscan or GS911 for my services, not sure why the Motoscan people would say not possible when it appears doable based on the youtube video.

K1200S not wethead

Actually, he mis-labeled the title of the video, it's an R1200, unless there's a new K series with a flat twin. Perhaps he meant to say it's the K25 version drive train.

Actually, he mis-labeled the title of the video, it's an R1200, unless there's a new K series with a flat twin. Perhaps he meant to say it's the K25 version drive train.

true but still not a wethead

Back
Top Bottom