Insurance Policy Mirroring

Deleted account 221212001

Reaction score
A question for those who have a multi bike policy.

I have a 1250 GSA with maximum NCD and I'm now in a position where I wish to purchase a second bike.

I spoke with Bemoto today who my GSA is insured with and enquired re covering a second bike.

They suggested......

Option 1, Take out a fresh new policy and start collecting NCD's on the new bike policy.

Option 2, Try to obtain a policy whereby my current policy with maximum NCD etc can be mirrored on a new policy for the second bike. (They said this is possible but couldn't provide any quotes for this type of policy at the time of my call).

I naively thought that by adding a second bike to an existing policy thereby creating a multi bike policy all my current benefits would automatically be applicable to the second bike.

Anybody got any advice/suggestions/recommendations?

I've got a "Titanium" Multibike policy through BeMoto where the 1250GSA is the main bike and my Blackbird the second, along with a 1980 Ducati Darmah SS as the third bike. I have just paid £533 a couple of days ago after full NCB that includes RAC covering all three bikes both in the UK and Europe, plus a load of other benefits. The way they breakdown my overall premium is £349 for the GSA. £59 for the Blackbird, but the Ducati is underwritten by a different company, though included in the Multibike arrangement, (with no NCD available) this costs £125. I didn't really need RAC cover on the GSA but had to take it, being the main bike so as to include the other two bikes.

Maybe the difference between us is that all three of the above bikes were included when they quoted as a package a couple of years ago when I moved to them, rather than the extra bikes being added later.

I've got a "Titanium" Multibike policy through BeMoto where the 1250GSA is the main bike and my Blackbird the second, along with a 1980 Ducati Darmah SS as the third bike. I have just paid £533 a couple of days ago after full NCB that includes RAC covering all three bikes both in the UK and Europe, plus a load of other benefits. The way they breakdown my overall premium is £349 for the GSA. £59 for the Blackbird, but the Ducati is underwritten by a different company, though included in the Multibike arrangement, (with no NCD available) this costs £125. I didn't really need RAC cover on the GSA but had to take it, being the main bike so as to include the other two bikes.

Maybe the difference between us is that all three of the above bikes were included when they quoted as a package a couple of years ago when I moved to them, rather than the extra bikes being added later.

Thats much appreciated thanks. What you have described is exactly what I am looking for, i.e. where the second bike is covered but for a negligible fee rather than a full blown new policy at £300+. They invited me to call them back again to discuss further so I shall do that Monday next week. Thanks again. :thumb2

Thats much appreciated thanks. What you have described is exactly what I am looking for, i.e. where the second bike is covered but for a negligible fee rather than a full blown new policy at £300+. They invited me to call them back again to discuss further so I shall do that Monday next week. Thanks again. :thumb2
D

Pleased this is what you are looking for hope you get sorted next week.

BTW I had to use the BeMoto RAC cover on the Darmah last weekend when the Ignition Switch failed while riding, leaving me with no electrical power. So easy, rang the number BeMoto had given me when I joined them two years ago and when the RAC answered only had to tell them the bike's registration number and then it was just "Where are you? etc". Had a good Spanish guy turn up and between us we were able to hot wire the ignition for me to get home.

We have a lot of people near us who could probably hotwire a bike, trouble is they don't work for the RAC! :D

This wasn't so easy with all the wiring hidden away inside a screwed together plastic housing under the Screen of the Fairing, besides being difficult to open the housing as the screws were recessed and coming up from underneath. Overall it took over an hour to get the job done, partly due to the RAC not issuing their Patrol with a set of standard "L" shaped Allen Keys but just a set of short ones that fit into a straight Screwdriver type Handle. Still job done and I was able to ride home.

I recently moved to Bemoto when I bought a second bike, the sales person also mentioned the policy being mirrored. I was sent two documentation packs, one for each bike. The bikes are roughly the same value, the 1250 GS Exclusive cost £233 and the Z H2 cost £121, so the 200bhp bike is half the insurance cost of the GS. :mmmm

I recently moved to Bemoto when I bought a second bike, the sales person also mentioned the policy being mirrored. I was sent two documentation packs, one for each bike. The bikes are roughly the same value, the 1250 GS Exclusive cost £233 and the Z H2 cost £121, so the 200bhp bike is half the insurance cost of the GS. :mmmm

Many thanks for that info. I do like Bemoto so would prefer to stay with them. They can obviously do what I am seeking it's just a case of getting them to quote me.

Many thanks for that info. I do like Bemoto so would prefer to stay with them. They can obviously do what I am seeking it's just a case of getting them to quote me.

I couldn't get the mulibike policy online, which I prefer, so I had to call them. I found them helpful and easy to deal with. I suspect they may have put the H2 into the system first and got a high price, which is when he said he would mirror them. I think he then put the GS as the first bike to bring the price down, which is the correct way as I'm declaring a higher mileage on the GS.

Back
Top Bottom