Oops, sorry honk it might be fecked!

I’d be calling Harley for some goodwill….

:jes:jes:jes

Harley response was ‘it’s out of warranty’, so basically a feck off from them!

Whilst they agreed that it should not have failed, they also think that it is entirely reasonable for a customer to pay for their shit product to be repaired when it fails prematurely.

Looks like they can stick their Pan America where the sun don’t shine, I’ll not be buying another Harley from a dealer, that’s for sure.

Premium brand…..budget customer service.

It’s still on the bench being scowled at every time I go in the garage to drag the GS out. I’ll fix it at some point, just in no rush as it’s not going to be ridden for a while anyway.

AFAIK, the HD 6-speed transmission is really the old 5-speed, with an overdrive 6th added. It works, but 6th is inefficient .......... https://www.hotbikeweb.com/motorcycle-v-twin-drivetrain-drivetrain-basics

I guess it could be the dogs, selector fork or excessive end float. I assume the gear change connector rod ball joints are good (well as good as they can be, given they are crap) - best replaced with a heim joint system, if you haven't been there already.

AFAIK, the HD 6-speed transmission is really the old 5-speed, with an overdrive 6th added. It works, but 6th is inefficient .......... https://www.hotbikeweb.com/motorcycle-v-twin-drivetrain-drivetrain-basics

I guess it could be the dogs, selector fork or excessive end float. I assume the gear change connector rod ball joints are good (well as good as they can be, given they are crap) - best replaced with a heim joint system, if you haven't been there already.

I’ve had helm joint on the selector for a good while.

My guess is the dogs and selector fork are the culprits, but we’ll find out next year when I can be arsed to get it fixed.

Was going to take it to Andrew at Thunder Road in Leeds unless anyone has any better suggestions. He seemed to know his stuff tbh.

I’ve had helm joint on the selector for a good while.

My guess is the dogs and selector fork are the culprits, but we’ll find out next year when I can be arsed to get it fixed.

Was going to take it to Andrew at Thunder Road in Leeds unless anyone has any better suggestions. He seemed to know his stuff tbh.

Couple of mates have used Thunder Road Flipfly and said they are ok.

Couple of mates have used Thunder Road Flipfly and said they are ok.

That’s good to know….but would have preferred an ‘excellent’ though :D

Looking at the Baker grudge box……..mmmm yummy, but bloody expensive!

That’s good to know….but would have preferred an ‘excellent’ though :D

Looking at the Baker grudge box……..mmmm yummy, but bloody expensive!

They probably cannot say that word or spell it.

Back
Top Bottom