F700GS Tyre pressure sensor

colint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ive got a F700GS Rallye 2017 and the front tyre pressure sensor has gone can the system be disabled by using a GS-911 or am i stuck with buying a new one?

I'm not aware of there being a disable function on the TPMS side of things. It will just continue to show a fault.

Try and pull the plug out of the RDS/Alarm controller just in front of the tail lights. If that still leaves you with a fault code then you could try and delete the sensors codes from the controller with the gs911. Alternatively you could buy a Schrader sensor (they manufacture the controller) at a fraction of the bmw price and code it. You would need to code it with the gs911.

You would need to code it with the gs911.

Is this the case?
I put a new one on my new 17" wheel and rode away - after about a mile it just recognised there was a new TPS and read from that.
Just fit one and try it.

Is this the case?
I put a new one on my new 17" wheel and rode away - after about a mile it just recognised there was a new TPS and read from that.
Just fit one and try it.

As he says....
The sensor contains a built in battery that runs down in a few years.
Replacement is easy, no big deal. And the safety aspect may some day turn out to be priceless.

Back
Top Bottom