How much is it worth?

How is that? He says list price was £19.5k. Do they go up a grand when you buy one?

Yes, if I were selling to you :D

But yup, saw that afterwards. I'd been doing some mental maths compared to my TB but then realised that me maths were wrong.

I think the thread has been useful in concluding that Reggie would be fair in seeking to get 15K for it. Even at that price it compares against some very optimistic prices I've seen here and on ATB for private sales, though you do have to acknowledge that prices have gone up at least grand all round since late last year.

Yes, if I were selling to you :D

But yup, saw that afterwards. I'd been doing some mental maths compared to my TB but then realised that me maths were wrong.

I think the thread has been useful in concluding that Reggie would be fair in seeking to get 15K for it. Even at that price it compares against some very optimistic prices I've seen here and on ATB for private sales, though you do have to acknowledge that prices have gone up at least grand all round since late last year.

Funny, you would never sell to me, I only buy new bikes.

No chance of a trade in, no dealer to arrange finance, end of summer meaning it’s unlikely to be used for a big trip until next year and what many would judge to be above average mileage for the age.

JB has it about where I’d pitch it which is £15k.

It’s a nice looking bike and almost certainly worth more to the seller but I think I’m being realistic.

Thanks
Just my thoughts too
It’s gonna struggle to sell privately (without the usual dealer sweeteners), unless someone has 15 big ones sat in a bank deposit account

Perhaps that’s gecause no one would buy one in that colour.

if it was an Airhead in that colour the knuckle draggers would be swooning all over it ;)

A friend who earned his living selling bikes and cars for 40 years has a very simple view on price. If it is priced to be on the first page of BikeTrader it will sell, if it is overpriced it will not sell.

So the OP’s bike is looking more like £14,500 then. With a bit of wiggle room maybe realising a bit less.

So the OP’s bike is looking more like £14,500 then. With a bit of wiggle room maybe realising a bit less.

Crikey...I know we expect to take a hit in a year but 14.5K private? I just sold my 16 plate GSA to a dealer, 17K miles, and got £10K for it, and know I could have sold it for £11K private. He's putting it up for close to 11.5K and he'll get it. I would have pitched that bike, serviced and nicely run in with the extras, new tyres and wheels at £15.5K dall day long privately or 14K dealer trade in. Lovely paint job, lovely bike. GLWTS.

Crikey...I know we expect to take a hit in a year but 14.5K private? I just sold my 16 plate GSA to a dealer, 17K miles, and got £10K for it, and know I could have sold it for £11K private. He's putting it up for close to 11.5K and he'll get it. I would have pitched that bike, serviced and nicely run in with the extras, new tyres and wheels at £15.5K dall day long privately or 14K dealer trade in. Lovely paint job, lovely bike. GLWTS.

Part exchange price is balance between what you get on the bike vs money off, so it's not always a great guide. And if the dealer is going to knock it out at 11.5k with 2 years warranty, I reckon you'd have struggled at 11k privately.

Crikey...I know we expect to take a hit in a year but 14.5K private? .

I paid £14,100 for my 2019 3,000 mile 1250 TE (not 40 yr) as a 4 month old ex-demo bike from Vines, with top box, SOS, alarm - nothing else. I would have expected a private sale to be at least £500 or more less.

I guess some folks expect a bigger hit than others. I bought mine 2 years old, top of the range GSA with all the bells and whistles with 15K miles, including some extras for £12K dealer so thinking back on it, that must have been 8K under new price then (2018).

I guess some folks expect a bigger hit than others. I bought mine 2 years old, top of the range GSA with all the bells and whistles with 15K miles, including some extras for £12K dealer so thinking back on it, that must have been 8K under new price then (2018).

The TE was 17,550 list in 2018. The Rallye TE was £18,10, and 15k is quite a bit of mileage. 6K over two tears from a dealer sounds about the right - remember, the first year is the biggest drop. Part of the problem is the big hike in prices this year yet in the same market for 1-2 year old bikes.

Was thinking of getting a 2022 Gs Adventure Rally with billet pack and heated seats. I would get my 17 inch wheels painted blue and put them on it.

Not sure now. The low ball trade in and zero discount has put me off. It makes the KTM SAR and Harley Pan America look like bargains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TE was 17,550 list in 2018. The Rallye TE was £18,10, and 15k is quite a bit of mileage. 6K over two tears from a dealer sounds about the right - remember, the first year is the biggest drop. Part of the problem is the big hike in prices this year yet in the same market for 1-2 year old bikes.

No...it's really not!

No...it's really not!

It is ……if you are a buyer

I get that some people might think so but really, I don’t know if the WC’s are different but the oil heads were quite literally only just loosening up properly at that mileage.

I never could get my head around those that were more interested in trade-in value and thus chopping in at low miles rather than experiencing their bike running optimally - pretty fucked up set of values IMO.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom