Selling early

The answer is to have multiple bikes.

A nice reliable comfortable bike for touring and light off road (a T7)

A bike that stirs the loins and is beautiful to look at (I dunno… something like an MV)

And a cool crusin bike for the chill out days when getting in the vibe is a priority (must be a Harley)

Sorted :thumb2

T7 might be light compared to a GS but it’s still 200kgs so hardly ‘light’ !!

They ride like a large enduro bike, that doesn’t suit everyone, for me it’s just right. My 690 hasn’t been used this year, the T7 is an easier bike all round to ride when you are not in attack mode. The Rally model I have just bought is definitely a good looking bike which was a bit lacking in my original blue model. Overall it is a good all rounder but I like riding back roads and it suits this purpose perfectly.

They ride like a large enduro bike, that doesn’t suit everyone, for me it’s just right. My 690 hasn’t been used this year, the T7 is an easier bike all round to ride when you are not in attack mode. The Rally model I have just bought is definitely a good looking bike which was a bit lacking in my original blue model. Overall it is a good all rounder but I like riding back roads and it suits this purpose perfectly.

That sums it up

Had my T7 a year now virtually no vibration it has plenty of power and torque so good for touring and the back roads gone up to a sixteen tooth gearbox sprocket 500 RPM less across the range mixed motorway/ A roads 70 MPG i will give a better test tomorrow going to the lake district, it's a keeper.

T7

The 16T sprocket is good upgrade for road riding.

I am off to Settle next week via Wales will keep an eye for other T7 in the Lakes.

The answer is to have multiple bikes.

A nice reliable comfortable bike for touring and light off road (a T7)

A bike that stirs the loins and is beautiful to look at (I dunno… something like an MV)

And a cool crusin bike for the chill out days when getting in the vibe is a priority (must be a Harley)

Sorted :thumb2

And to sell each of them 5 minutes after one has bought them despite each and every one definitely being a 'keeper' this time? :D

And to sell each of them 5 minutes after one has bought them despite each and every one definitely being a 'keeper' this time? :D

The three people I know who had T7s have all sold them .
One due covid stopped planned trips and the other two mainly because it was no good for two up and a bit lacking in fun for solo road riding .
Neither did any off-roading though .

I won’t be buying that one Pete!
Still very happy with your 1190 which has just returned from a Pyrenees tour.:thumb2

Hi Richard, glad you are still enjoying the 1190R, I do miss it especially the ease the front wheel lifted, I’ve been pondering if to move the 690R on as the T7 is such an easy bike to ride and they do a similar job.

Well i have no intention of selling mine
I had one of the first in the country and love it
It never gets used 2 up but one up it's like a scalpel on B roads compared to the AT i had before quicker point to point and more fun for that reason
It's quite cabalbe of keeping up with much more powerful bikes in the real world
I use mine off road and i think the bike as a absolute blast
And the other big plus point is i trust it to get me where i want to go ( unlike some other brands )
For a blast down to Wales then a blast around the tracks then ride it home it's hard to beat IMHO

Attachments

• ten.jpg
    ten.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 227
Hi Richard, glad you are still enjoying the 1190R, I do miss it especially the ease the front wheel lifted, I’ve been pondering if to move the 690R on as the T7 is such an easy bike to ride and they do a similar job.
My mate Tom (who gave me a lift to yours to pick up the 1190) has a T7 and loves it - looks good too!

Attachments

• 8883025C-6DC0-48C8-967F-BE728F1866A1.jpg
    8883025C-6DC0-48C8-967F-BE728F1866A1.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 197
Having test rode a T7 recently. I can concur that it is a good competent bike and on its own on B roads.
Very capable but not exciting on the tarmac. Might be on the rough stuff but not tarmac.

It all depends what you want in a bike. I was tempted but as an owner of WC 1200 GS, have decided i am not ready for the T700 just yet.

IMHO people who buy them are often replacing a more powerful bike and over the months the lack of excitement for road use make them sell.
Was not aware of the 16t mod - might make some difference. Of course it is different if coming from a 1100 or 1150 as the power is similar.

If they bring out a T9 slightly more road biased and simple basic electronics then it would be top seller.

Personally I am sick of complicated electronics that can go wrong.

I went from a GS to an AT to the T7, yet I'm reading here that it's not exciting for the road, not enough power bla bla bla.....something is telling me it's the Indian that's the [roblem here, not the arrow. ;)

I went from a GS to an AT to the T7, yet I'm reading here that it's not exciting for the road, not enough power bla bla bla.....something is telling me it's the Indian that's the [roblem here, not the arrow. ;)

Or like an addict you have dettoxed / slowed down somewhat.

Reference post 27 trip to the Lake district since i put a 16T front sprocket on reduces revs approx 450-500 RPM also replacing the OEM tyres with Avon trailriders makes it much nicer on the motorway getting 65 MPG at motorway pace A,B roads 70 MPG.
The front sprocket and uprating the rear spring from rugged roads the two best mods you can do IMO.

I will stick to the stock front
I think the gearing is pretty much spot on for all round use

Back
Top Bottom