Staining on exhaust and engine

Cyber

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Happened to drop a pencil under bike, whilst retrieving it I noticed some strange staining on the exhaust, on closer inspection the same staining appears on the engine case.
It’s not been out in the rain, three weeks old, not been washed by me, cause it hasn’t been out in the rain yet. Had first service this week so may have been washed there, but I doubt it.

Doesn’t wipe off, doesn’t appear to be rough to the touch.

Any thoughts?

(Pictures on their side….again)

Attachments

• F291B9E6-4D1A-46DB-B437-F22C4BDB1B6F.jpg
    F291B9E6-4D1A-46DB-B437-F22C4BDB1B6F.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 491
  • F5FF531A-21D7-4F8B-8764-DC10A430CE97.jpg
    F5FF531A-21D7-4F8B-8764-DC10A430CE97.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 493
  • 44363B87-792C-4798-8672-6BA6B79D8BC3.jpg
    44363B87-792C-4798-8672-6BA6B79D8BC3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 494
Looks like some cleaner (like an acidic one) has been left on too long...before washing off with water

I’d be having a word with the people you got the bike from.
They’ll probably deny all knowledge and blame you.

I’d be having a word with the people you got the bike from.
They’ll probably deny all knowledge and blame you.
You’re probably right.
Just watched the “here is your bike all serviced” video, can’t see it on there but the quality is junk so there will be a get out..

First thought is, it looks like water that's somehow dropped into it and calcified... Get some Viakal onto it. If I'm right, it'll be gone in 5mins. Make sure you rinse it off as it'll go for any zinc plating (that's all the bolts ).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

First thought is, it looks like water that's somehow dropped into it and calcified... Get some Viakal onto it. If I'm right, it'll be gone in 5mins. Make sure you rinse it off as it'll go for any zinc plating (that's all the bolts ).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Worth a tickle.. thanks

If it's calcified, I've had great success with mix half destiled water, half white wine vinegar. Spray it and let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash with water and soap. Had that problem with paint on one of my previous cars. Had to repeat the process three times but got it all off. Didn't damage the paint at all.

To me it looks like coolant . There it a very small weep hole on the left hand side of the engine
Apparently it’s something to do with the water pump. A few drops is ok however if it persists it will probably need a
Replacement water pump loads of info on line.
I found a little splatter on mine but has now stopped but it is something I’m keeping my eye on.
I wiped it of the engine cases with wd40. And autosol
On the down pipe but to be honest mine didn’t have hardly anything on the down pipe.

Definitely back to the dealer asap. Whatever tilt they put on this, metal work and chrome etc should not colour up like that period. Insist gently but firmly on a replacement pipe and casing if the stain cannot be removed. We pay premium prices for a premium product, this looks like the aftermath of a Chinese knock off?

Back
Top Bottom