Fuel pump issues?

CPJS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
BMW R1200GS TE 2017 33,000mls
My bike has started making strange noises from the under seat/behind the engine area.
When the ignition is turned on I get the usual pump priming noise but is is slightly rattley. More strangely when the ignition is turned off it sounds like the pump? is pulsing, on for a second then off for 3 seconds, this is repeated for a minute or so then stops. This happens when the engine has been run, or not, hot or cold and with the kill switch on or off. The bike seems to be behaving normally otherwise.
It sounds like an expensive trip to the dealer.

BMW R1200GS TE 2017 33,000mls
My bike has started making strange noises from the under seat/behind the engine area.
When the ignition is turned on I get the usual pump priming noise but is is slightly rattley. More strangely when the ignition is turned off it sounds like the pump? is pulsing, on for a second then off for 3 seconds, this is repeated for a minute or so then stops. This happens when the engine has been run, or not, hot or cold and with the kill switch on or off. The bike seems to be behaving normally otherwise.
It sounds like an expensive trip to the dealer.

exhaust flapper solenoid will give this symptom if cables is not correct, rattle will feel under seat, and give humming noise make you think it is pump

exhaust flapper solenoid will give this symptom if cables is not correct, rattle will feel under seat, and give humming noise make you think it is pump

I have Akra headers fitted from new with cables removed, but I will check the the acctuator etc.

Winjar, you are correct, the noise is comming from the exhaust valve motor.
Is the problem likely to be within the (sealed) unit. Perhaps a sensor not sending back the info that the accuatator has done it's startup cycle.
The Acctuators are about £180.00 or £80.00 from a breaker

Winjar, you are correct, the noise is comming from the exhaust valve motor.
Is the problem likely to be within the (sealed) unit. Perhaps a sensor not sending back the info that the accuatator has done it's startup cycle.
The Acctuators are about £180.00 or £80.00 from a breaker

Have you try this solution, I give you 2 below to take away actuator for the moment

https://www.bikersdiscountstore.co..../healtech-exhaust-servo-eliminator-pd-185.php

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/servo-buddy

Back
Top Bottom