helmet replacement

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time to change my old Schubert C4. 2016.
Have they really solved all the problems they had with the original one?
- Comms battery compartment,
front vent cover breaking off
pin lock not working properly.

I see the price is less than it was when I bought my last one

Appreciate some feedback from people who have a 2021 model.

I bought two C4 Carbon Pro's last year for me and the Mrs along with the Sena comms kit. We've had no probs with any of the issues you mention and these helmets have been exposed to some biblical rain without leaks. The pinlock-when fitted correctly-works fine. We've both found the helmets to be very comfortable, quiet and lightweight. I particularly like the large and wide field of vision. I also recommend the remote control for the comms system-so much easier and safer to faff about with phone calls, volume etc on the handlebars rather than the helmet itself. Personal choice, personal opinion and others may disagree but this is my honest opinion for what it's worth.

Very happy with my C4 Pro Carbon. No leaks or breaks, Pinlock and comms all work fine. Due to be replaced soon so being discounted at present.

I thought I read it in an email from Motolegends, but I can't find the email - don't think I was imagining it though :jager

Yep. All those issues have been sorted.

I bought mine in May 2019 and it has been great.

The only downside is that the speakers in the helmet aren't the best. They are perfectly OK, but I would like to have replaced them with better ones for music. Sadly, the wiring is run under the EPS, so that's a non-starter unless you want to go chiselling the foam out which probably isn't a good idea.

I had a Schuberth with the comms, I liked the lid but not the comms, I changed to a System 7, the best comms I’ve ever had. If there was one improvement it would be battery life and indication, it claims to be 100%, which lasts for ages, then 80 and after that it seems to go relatively quickly. It’s never let me down ove4 a blood bike shift, but it’s unusual for me to be out more than 3 hours. I don’t use it for music or the sat nav, but it’s setup.

The issues have largely been sorted but we (Helmet City) are massively discounting our remaining stock of C4s

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/helmets/?hc_helmet_model=2238&hc_product_type=3007&manufacturer=284

Rumours of a new model are emerging but no details are known yet.

Seems like a lot of suppliers are eager to clear their old stock. I see FC Moto have the Magnitudo at just under £356
Now its my choice to wait or go for a C4 pro now. I had the same thoughts a few months ago with my new GSA.. Wait for the new 2023 model or just buy the 2021. As for cars in the UK second hand bikes in NL are in very short supply so i got a great trade in deal.
Thanks for the feedback so far!

Interested in these C4's at that price and with comms..... I have usually bought Shoei, the Neotec 2 is £600 though how does the fitment match between the two ? I am Shoei Large, wondering if Schuberth is similar in their fitment? Any one have both types?

The issues have largely been sorted but we (Helmet City) are massively discounting our remaining stock of C4s

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/helmets/?hc_helmet_model=2238&hc_product_type=3007&manufacturer=284

Rumours of a new model are emerging but no details are known yet.
Bristolsaint, there is a glitch in the order process ... if you buy a helmet it offers the comms module VAT free if bought together..... only thing is, the comms module is cheaper if you buy separately

Bit the bullet and went the expensive Neotec2 route ...
My 3rd Shoei in a row, current Neotec is nearly 10

looks like I am going to buy a new C4 Pro. Problem is trying one on....haven't had much luck so far as they are not available in all sizes in shops over here. ...
So if I had a 2016 model C4 in size L will this also be the same size in the new C4 pro - anyone got any experience?
I realise the answer is go and try one on but i don't really fancy driving around Holland trying to find a shop that can help..
Appreciate any feedback.

forget it, just seen the review on the C5. Will wait a bit and have a look at that one instead.

Back
Top Bottom