Throttle cable problem

lacedr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Replaced the throttle cables on my 02 1150gs. Issue the left hand side cable doesn’t seem long enough ( double checked with james Sherlock it was the correct one)
The throttle is not returning to its stop . I have checked the routing seems ok. The Bowden box is fine obviously iam doing something wrong but can’t figure out what it is. Bike ticks over fine with left side cable disconnected.

Hi
Replaced the throttle cables on my 02 1150gs. Issue the left hand side cable doesn’t seem long enough ( double checked with james Sherlock it was the correct one)
The throttle is not returning to its stop . I have checked the routing seems ok. The Bowden box is fine obviously iam doing something wrong but can’t figure out what it is. Bike ticks over fine with left side cable disconnected.

It’s probably unseated at the splitter box under the tank (under the ABS/Battery tray). I had it happen on mine. Sorted by pulling on the outer whilst opening/closing the throttle a few times and then letting the outer reseat itself (hopefully). There is a thread on here somewhere about it.

I had the same problem with one I bought a while ago, can't remember where from but it was definatly shorter. Have you measured the new cable against the old to see if there is a difference? If not may I suggest you do so once you've checked it's seated properly.

Back
Top Bottom