Footrest Recall

Ok, there are to two different versions with the first version having two colours, gold and black. The second version was of a slightly different design which seemed stronger. I was offered the later HP version after both coloured versions failing. By then I had lost faith in the product so I sold the replacement ones on here. I did speak to Gilles at Garmische about it at the time and they new nothing about the issues so I sent pictures and returned them etc but as I ride off road I chose IMS footrests and never had an issue since. Not a blingy but never let you down.

I think these are the newer version.
c97908848926eaf563851e36012bddee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's correct. If you search for the original post there are pictures showing failures

I say this is problem of over torque bolts, bolt is stronger alloy than footpeg, so make fracture then crack continue with big heavy people or heavy offroading

The problem is poor design, period. Working in engineering there is no way you would put that much stress in such a small area, especially in an alloy

The problem is poor design, period. Working in engineering there is no way you would put that much stress in such a small area, especially in an alloy

So many sold yet so few broken, and is poor design, I think not, I have gold colour and not broken or crack in several years, and I not light, do not offroad so much but do stand on pegs to get on bike, most days.

My two pennies worth is stick to stock, if you need wider either go GSA or another well tested brand. Stay away from the blingy stuff

So many sold yet so few broken, and is poor design, I think not, I have gold colour and not broken or crack in several years, and I not light, do not offroad so much but do stand on pegs to get on bike, most days.

Then why have they been recalled then? There is not enough mass there unfortunately to create the strength needed on a critical part. But if you are happy then good luck to you.

My two pennies worth is stick to stock, if you need wider either go GSA or another well tested brand. Stay away from the blingy stuff

was not for bling was to go lower 2 holes more comfort, but thank for saying :beerjug:

Not a recall as such, spoke to BMW yesterday, more a ' We will replace the parts for updated one's'. Seems it is on request of the customer

Only concerns the black ones. 3 part numbers below but relate to the same thing, just depends if you bought them one at a time or as a pair

If you contact a dealer, the PUMA reference is 65540556-02

Here are the footpegs involved in the recall:

Part number 77 25 2 452 958: Footrest adjustable, left, black solid
Part number 77 25 2 452 960: Footrest adjustable, right, black solid
Part number 77 25 2 465 256: Set of footrests adjustable, black solid

The above footpegs fit the following BMW motorcycle models:

F 750 GS
F 850 GS
F 850 GS Adventure
R 1200 GS
R 1200 GS Adventure
R 1250 GS
R 1250 GS Adventure

Not sure if you will need an original receipt, depends on the dealer. They have to supply and fit, photograph items and request cost recovery from BMW themselves

I contacted North Oxford and they were unaware of this but soon found the bulletin from BMW
Seeing as these were mainly sold as aftermarket parts, there is little chance BMW will contact the owners individually

They might be bling but liked the lower aspect and the fact the rubbers would sink if weight put on....oh and blingy :drool

Ok, there are to two different versions with the first version having two colours, gold and black. The second version was of a slightly different design which seemed stronger. I was offered the later HP version after both coloured versions failing. By then I had lost faith in the product so I sold the replacement ones on here. I did speak to Gilles at Garmische about it at the time and they new nothing about the issues so I sent pictures and returned them etc but as I ride off road I chose IMS footrests and never had an issue since. Not a blingy but never let you down.

Haven't seen any reports / pics of the gold ones failing. They'd been out at least 18 mths before the black (also 3 hole) versions came out. All reports of issues I've seen are only regards the 3 hole black ones.

was not for bling was to go lower 2 holes more comfort, but thank for saying :beerjug:

Same here. I actually prefer the sportier look of the originals, but with 33 plus inch inseams they tear up the joints on long rides. It's surprising what a difference the lowered versions make to comfort. For me, zero about having more bling on the bike.

Not a recall as such, spoke to BMW yesterday, more a ' We will replace the parts for updated one's'. Seems it is on request of the customer

Only concerns the black ones. 3 part numbers below but relate to the same thing, just depends if you bought them one at a time or as a pair

If you contact a dealer, the PUMA reference is 65540556-02

Here are the footpegs involved in the recall:

Part number 77 25 2 452 958: Footrest adjustable, left, black solid
Part number 77 25 2 452 960: Footrest adjustable, right, black solid
Part number 77 25 2 465 256: Set of footrests adjustable, black solid

The above footpegs fit the following BMW motorcycle models:

F 750 GS
F 850 GS
F 850 GS Adventure
R 1200 GS
R 1200 GS Adventure
R 1250 GS
R 1250 GS Adventure

Not sure if you will need an original receipt, depends on the dealer. They have to supply and fit, photograph items and request cost recovery from BMW themselves

I contacted North Oxford and they were unaware of this but soon found the bulletin from BMW
Seeing as these were mainly sold as aftermarket parts, there is little chance BMW will contact the owners individually

Anyone know if there is a part number stamped or etched onto them? I am not at home at the moment to check unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom