Footrest Recall

Mine were done yesterday too, and I just assumed that the +/- 10 marking was indicating the possible height adjustment... but on looking at your photos, I think you're right, there's an intermediate fixing piece which is the other way round on my bike, so mine seem to be in the rear position compared to yours.

Just received my replacements. Excellent service from Reiten. Must say that in appearance, the gold Gillies/Motoradd ones I returned looked much better. Not that the looks would have helped much if they failed a long way from home. Thanks Reiten.

Just received my replacements. Excellent service from Reiten. Must say that in appearance, the gold Gillies/Motoradd ones I returned looked much better. Not that the looks would have helped much if they failed a long way from home. Thanks Reiten.

Thought it was only the black ones affected.

As per post #63, BMW said it only concerned the black gilles ones

Seems like BMW are exchanging the gold ones too.

I got the call from Bahnstormer today, my 1200 was in at the weekend for a software update. Called today to advise that my footpegs need changing so it’s going back in a couple of weeks…

Poor quality control of materials… china is renowned for this.

Except Gilles are manufactured in Germany. So must be Germany being renown for poor quality control, eh? Thank goodness our bikes aren’t made in England ;-) … we all remember what happened to Norton eh?

Back
Top Bottom