Footrest Recall

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This looks interesting. I bought mine off here. Do you think they will replace them? No receipt but I think I have the box.
3ba8f87fb864eb851e95c64cbd8abbe0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how they could hold you to a receipt for a product recall. I suppose they might ask who the retailer was, but we're all old feckers, aren't we?

Funnily enough, I just fitted a new pair this afternoon. My old pair were the gold colour ones but if I was going to have them again they'd have to be black for my TB. Two days in Wales this week was enough to remind me why I once had them fitted (joints were beginning to suffer). As has been posted, you'll know you got the modified versions as they come with two adjustment holes, not three.

PS, I assume the offer must include aftermarket, not just optioned items.

I had my money back on my black pair last year, after I found they had both cracked. Bahnstormer were brilliant and didn't bat an eye over them.

Strange only black ones, no person says gold one crack, I have gold one no problems, and i jump hard on them to get on bike with 105 kilos

It was only a problem with a batch of the black ones, shortly after their release.

I’m ringing the dealer in the morning.

Just rang my dealer and he know's nothing about it. He's going to ring them for more info on it.

Hi reggie what paper was that add in was in MCN
Just checked mine one is badly cracked

MCN. Motoradd Belfast says more info from BMW next week. Possible recall on all. Especially those who have the Billet Pack in black on their bikes. They should receive a letter. Heading to the garage now to check mine.

Just checked and mine have no cracks. Will still want them replaced.

I have a set on mine, no cracks AFAIK but I shall take a close look tomorrow as I too would want them replaced if it’s a known issue.

Unfortunately there has lots, I put a thread on here about two years ago about failures.

Yeah lots, I put a thread on here about two years ago about failures.

I thought it was only the black ones that they had a problem with?

How many "adjustment" holes?

3 is original and requires replacing and 2 is the updated version as mentioned above

Mine have 2 adjustment holes. Brilliant .

So are we saying it's the colour or the number of holes ? Mine have 3 adjustments holes but are gold and not black

So are we saying it's the colour or the number of holes ? Mine have 3 adjustments holes but are gold and not black

From reading this if they are black and 3 holes they are going to fail. Is that correct?
72f1e6b6d9af2848fd5fcb913c1b742a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom