Documents for Ireland?

geotim

Rock licker
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Will be travelling to Ireland next week via Holyhead ferry.

From those of you that do this a lot / have done this recently - What documents do I ‘need’ and what documents are ‘suggested’?

T’interweb says just passport and driving licence, no need for V5 or insurance certificates etc…?

And do I need a new U.K. badge to cover my shameful GB sticker on the licence plate…!!!?!?!?!

TIA

In August I took passport and DL, plus vehicle insurance and green card
Also I needed my Covid passport to eat inside or use hotels
Masks are mandatory too, inside shops and pubs/cafes

You can download the Irish Covid app and use that - it is called Covid Tracker.

Some bizarre rules around Covid - if you stay in a hotel, you don't need to show your vaccination status. If drinking outside a pub (maybe not relevant now but was in Leenane at the start of the month), you don't need to show your status or wear a mask when ordering at the bar.

You will also need to download, complete and print out a passenger locator form, to be shown (along with your vaccine status) on entry to the country (presumably at Dublin Port).

You will also need to download, complete and print out a passenger locator form, to be shown (along with your vaccine status) on entry to the country (presumably at Dublin Port).

I travelled back into Ireland from Cherbourg on Sunday and the PLF (passenger locater form) was required before boarding the ferry home. We had to pull out of the queue like a few others and complete it on smartphone and then produce it along with proof of vaccination at ferry check-in. See link here

If you want to eat inside you need to provide proof of vaccination. You don't need V5 but proof of insurance I would bring.

You will need a green card and a international drivers license coming from uk with a vehicle and as landmarkjohn has said you will need to fill in a locator form available on www.gov.ie
Enjoy your visit here make sure you call over to the west and do some of the WAW

Edit:

Statements one and two - The need for an international driving licence and a green card - have since been proved to be incorrect.

You will need a green card and a international drivers license coming from uk with a vehicle and as landmarkjohn has said you will need to fill in a locator form available on www.gov.ie
Enjoy your visit here make sure you call over to the west and do some of the WAW

You don’t need an international driving licence, there is a reciprocal arrangement between uk and Ireland for driving licences

Do you need a passport to go to Ireland on a ferry?
Passports and Identification.

Ireland / Britain routes: Irish Ferries recommends all passengers bring a passport with them. Irish and British citizens do not strictly require a passport to travel between the two countries, but some form of (photo) identification is however required.

I’ve traveled in and out with my uk drivers license as ID…

CTA allows it…

CTA means I can rock up in Dublin, buy a house settle down, send my kids to school and pop down to A&E … before getting a job and enjoying my new life…. I need no permission from anybody…..you boys can do the same here if you wish… CTA is ages old and pre EU.

CTA means I can rock up in Dublin, buy a house settle down, send my kids to school and pop down to A&E … before getting a job and enjoying my new life…. I need no permission from anybody…..you boys can do the same here if you wish… CTA is ages old and pre EU.
You better hope that the job interview is not within about 3 days of popping down to the A&E

(just sayin')

S20 5G sent this......

Also, new parents are encouraged to put their kids on school waiting lists as soon as they find out that they are pregnant.

S20 5G sent this......

Also, new parents are encouraged to put their kids on school waiting lists as soon as they find out that they are pregnant.

As soon as they find out the kids are pregnant?

That is shocking and no doubt the Catholic Church sits behind in.

And do I need a new U.K. badge to cover my shameful GB sticker on the licence plate…!!!?!?!?!

TIA

Yes you need a special sticker to cover the GB. Ireland no longer accepts the concept of you thinking Britain is “Great” so the “G” needs to be covered. :comfort

Back
Top Bottom