Portsoy weekend 26 to 29 August 2022

Only 25 miles from home but I ain't going to make it unfortunately !
Similar time to last year and I was on way to Athens to meet with my partner , except this year I'll meet with her in Sofia Bulgaria at the same time.

What can I say..If I was going then I'd be on hand to suggest / recommend so many trips and routes ( sorry, I don't use gps much so therefore don't have any gpx routes to share )...Wapping will be horrified :eek:...But I think that he'd understand :D

Khulu will be happy to be your guide and font of all information / everything local...PM as required :thumb

There is so much to do around here , local knowledge is a must :thumb2

Late April / early May might work for Strontian though..let us know Baz :beerjug:

Similar time to last year and I was on way to Athens to meet with my partner , except this year I'll meet with her in Sofia Bulgaria at the same time.

What can I say..If I was going then I'd be on hand to suggest / recommend so many trips and routes ( sorry, I don't use gps much so therefore don't have any gpx routes to share )...Wapping will be horrified :eek:...But I think that he'd understand :D

Khulu will be happy to be your guide and font of all information / everything local...PM as required :thumb

Late April / early May might work for Strontian though..let us know Baz :beerjug:

Hi Mike sorry, Strontian is off this year, dates they came back with were not suitable. :tears:tears

Pity, we're due to head off after the Portsoy weekend, south somewhere. Prefer September as should be quieter and less hot in Portugal/Morocco/Black Sea (delete as appropriate depending on Mr Putin)

Pity, we're due to head off after the Portsoy weekend, south somewhere. Prefer September as should be quieter and less hot in Portugal/Morocco/Black Sea (delete as appropriate depending on Mr Putin)

I'm definitely going a bit too early this year but my plan was to go via Chernobyl so I wanted the extra time :blast
I'll be heading home towards the end of September so maybe beers somewhere Eastern Europe ?

I can recommend a visit to this place , just a short run from Portsoy https://windsweptbrewing.com , does some food and coffee etc...and some brilliant beers :beerjug:
One of the owners is a biker so he might even give you a keg for the event at a reduced rate, maybe worth an ask ?

Replied! Thing is, there does not seem to be any air b n B’s in portsoy!

I’ve dropped the sailloft a line. Think I’ll stay there if they can squeeze me in. But I’m open to suggestions!

I'd give Iain a call at the campsite/sail loft, Owen. He's likely to know of any accomodation that's available about the town. Also, if there's accomodation still available at the Sail Loft, I'd not rule that out. The quality is really very impressive.

I'd give Iain a call at the campsite/sail loft, Owen. He's likely to know of any accomodation that's available about the town. Also, if there's accomodation still available at the Sail Loft, I'd not rule that out. The quality is really very impressive.

Tried calling earlier this morning and emailed. I’ll try him again tomorrow.

I'll add myself in as a tentative one here - camping.

Thanks for the PM. It would appear I HAVE a room booked :beerjug:

Ferries getting booked in the morning when I'm on a proper computer. Looking at it, if I leave dublin at 4.30, I should arrive by around 6 that evening.

Just confirming 4 nights in sail loft booked Thurs to Monday see you all there

We have an area reserved for tents and Ian is asking how many we expect so if you think you might be coming along let me know so we can retain the sea front.

Eventually he'll release it to all comers.

Put me down as tentative (ha ha) camper. We are usually doing something around end of August but I’ll be trying my best to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom