Portsoy weekend 26 to 29 August 2022

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from the recent Portsoy weekend another one is planned for next year. As before, there is a variety of accommodation: camping on the seafront, campervan hookups,the Sail Loft hostel and hotels and bnbs in town.

For camping, post on here and I'll add you to the list.

For campervan space note on here and phone the campsite to book. When you phone tell them it is a UKGSER booking otherwise they'll say they are full. We have a dozen van spaces reserved, there may be more available if needed and we ask in time.

For hostel bookings, they have blocked the place off for us so you have to phone to book. Again, post on here if you do that so I know numbers and tell them it's a UKGSER booking.

The Station Hotel is the other main place to stay though some used airbnb places this year and bnbs. Book yourself and note on here.

The campsite/hostel number is 01261 842695. The best time to get them is in the morning.

https://www.portsoysailloft.org/

There are two good pubs in town, a great wee beach and harbour, take away food places, decent co-op, etc.

We're looking at food options for the Saturday, I might offer to bbq again but the Shore Inn have said they might be able to do something so we'll see nearer the time.

It's a great area and has a cracking coastline, great roads inland and whisky country on the doorstep.

Anyone interested ?

Footnote to say I've counted the cash from the bbq at the recent event and the profit for charity is £405 which is pretty impressive.

In for camping again ATM

It depends on when Strontian is i can only do one i'm afraid :(

Yes please, Alistair.
I'll try for the Sail loft which looked fabulous; if not its camping agaian so I'll let you know.
Really enjoyed this years event and the area has a lot to offer, so I've just booked Creel Cottage on the harbour for the family holiday next June.

Strontian is more likely to be an informal meet of a few folk rather than an official event, no dates set just now

Having just come back to the fold the weekend of Portsoy, I am interested in the Strontian informal event - is it in the first half of the year, pre-summer and Portsoy post-summer? Or is Strontian a limited entry activity?

Blumming heck there’s a name from the past, always wondered what happened to you, hope your well :thumb2

Having just come back to the fold the weekend of Portsoy, I am interested in the Strontian informal event - is it in the first half of the year, pre-summer and Portsoy post-summer? Or is Strontian a limited entry activity?

Hi there, will be limited numbers, informal event, probably have a BBQ Saturday night again.
Soon as get my arse into gear will organise it, I was thinking late April early May ?

Emailed them about a stay in the sail loft again was a excellent place to stay

Hi there, will be limited numbers, informal event, probably have a BBQ Saturday night again.
Soon as get my arse into gear will organise it, I was thinking late April early May ?

Those dates, may work, ive just go to see what holidays i can get ;)

Back
Top Bottom