Portsoy weekend 26 to 29 August 2022

Yes please, Alistair.
I'll try for the Sail loft which looked fabulous; if not its camping agaian so I'll let you know.
Really enjoyed this years event and the area has a lot to offer, so I've just booked Creel Cottage on the harbour for the family holiday next June.

Phoned Iain this morning and I'm in at the Sail loft.
Looking foward to it already!

Got an email back from Iain this morning that's me all booked into the sail loft

You can suit some of the people some of the time .... but not all of the people all of the time :blast

:beerjug:

My concern is that the Aviemore weekend has been on that date for decades now (and I'm been to nearly them all) and it would have been nice not to have clashed with it.

My concern is that the Aviemore weekend has been on that date for decades now (and I'm been to nearly them all) and it would have been nice not to have clashed with it.

I'm afraid it was the only weekend that worked, I wanted Jimmy to be present at the Shore Inn as it gives a possible food option that I discussed with him, wouldn't happen if he wasn't there. Before that date is school holidays and after gets too late and Jimmy is away. Sorry but it was forced by a mix of factors.

I'm afraid it was the only weekend that worked, I wanted Jimmy to be present at the Shore Inn as it gives a possible food option that I discussed with him, wouldn't happen if he wasn't there. Before that date is school holidays and after gets too late and Jimmy is away. Sorry but it was forced by a mix of factors.

Just to stop you feeling so bad the MotoGP 2022 provisional calendar is out and I'll probably be in Austria on 21st August then on to Misano, Italy for 04 Sept.

It'll have to be Strontian or Dent or somewhere else for my UKGSER meet and greet!

Just to stop you feeling so bad the MotoGP 2022 provisional calendar is out and I'll probably be in Austria on 21st August then on to Misano, Italy for 04 Sept.

It'll have to be Strontian or Dent or somewhere else for my UKGSER meet and greet!

Be good to meet you if you go to Dent. I have heard you like a bevvy or two.:beerjug:

As the saying goes I read it here.:D
I'm personally not a big drinker. :augie

Will I need to wear my waistcoat with all the patches and pins (it's seriously bloody heavy) or can I wear a lighter one?

Will I need to wear my waistcoat with all the patches and pins (it's seriously bloody heavy) or can I wear a lighter one?

You have two :eek:
Whichever one you want pal.

A lot more than just two!

I had a jeans one many many moons ago me on the left. Just the one now which i have had a very long time.

Attachments

• 125821074_10220998992636359_5565428408360054382_n (2).jpg
    125821074_10220998992636359_5565428408360054382_n (2).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 389
Just back from a couple of days up by, meeting with friends. A place I hadn't previously been was the Boyndie Visitor Centre. It's on part of the site of the former Boyndie RAF base. There's several covered picnic areas, an indoor cafe and various small shops but also a small but interesting exhibition about the Banff Strike Wing, including the top of a mast brought back from a Norwegian fjord by a Mosquito that got a wee bit too low during an attack. :eek: Well worth a visit.

d65b3dcb606e814dc94fb231e71f1e9b.jpg

8316292a0fa4f6e90f2e18a665e7a3f4.jpg

Dallachy

Portsoy this year took a wander on the Sunday up the coast route to Lossiemouth via Scottish harbours are us a plenty.
Came across the disused airfield at Dallachy and the WW2 memorial to the crews lost from the raids on German shipping hiding in the Norwegian fjords including the strike commands biggest loss in 45 when 9 Beaufighters failed to return from a raid on Forde fjord.
Having just returned from a voyage up the North Sea and up the Norwegian coast to Nordkapp It brings home to me poignantly the sacrifice these young airmen took over wild seas at night .Many of these men from Australia and New Zealand.

Attachments

• 789BE6F8-2343-4E3E-80EB-75B241D9FC4E.jpg
    789BE6F8-2343-4E3E-80EB-75B241D9FC4E.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 310
  • D32B2C66-9479-45AA-BAE9-02706EBDFEE4.jpg
    D32B2C66-9479-45AA-BAE9-02706EBDFEE4.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 301

Back
Top Bottom