Desert X

The reviews are coming thick and fast now.

One interesting journo’ comment, “The Multistrada with its 19” front feels like a 17” and the Desert-x with its 21” front feels like a 19”. So this bike really should be good on road as well as off.

I signed up for the roadshow but let down by my local dealer - big time. I have some big questions over Ducati’s service having experienced a very odd culture at two different dealerships.

8f9e278b057edce0c16cdf26dfe718eb.png

ceaf553dab71d50fecc0ca31ddead87d.png

5808b93963b50edef07851227893efa4.png

fd41b9e8592af98abab2efc45d896930.png

So far I’ve read/heard the bike is “clunky in bottom gears”, “Really smooth low down”, “Quick shifter clunky below 4K revs”, “Smooth quickshifter throughout”. Gotta love the journo’s :blast

We need a UKgser review :D

just back from viewing the desert x having paid a deposit last december.
not impressed with it or ducati uk, dealer told me customer orders coming before a demo available,
i came away having got my deposit refunded.

I think it’s bloody expensive !
Ok, the base price of £14k isn’t stupid, but add the touring pack, rally pack and off-road pack and you’re up to £18578 !!!!!

That lot adds panniers, heated grips, centre stand,aux fuel tank,headlight grille,rally seat,engine guard etc etc.

If you want a fancy exhaust as all Ducatisti seem to have to, it’ll be over £20k.

Fuck that.

I watched the video reviewing came away wondering what it does that my KTM1190R doesn't do better and vastly cheaper?

It arguably looks better perhaps.

I think it’s bloody expensive !
Ok, the base price of £14k isn’t stupid, but add the touring pack, rally pack and off-road pack and you’re up to £18578 !!!!!

That lot adds panniers, heated grips, centre stand,aux fuel tank,headlight grille,rally seat,engine guard etc etc.

If you want a fancy exhaust as all Ducatisti seem to have to, it’ll be over £20k.

Fuck that.

It looks like a perfectly capable bike at the base level so throw some decent soft luggage at it and away you go. At £14k I’m tempted but at £18k I wouldn’t go near it.

Latest from Ducati Worcester. There will be NO demo bike this year as current orders cannot be fulfilled quick enough. If you were to order one in May you would see it in November.

So far I’ve read/heard the bike is “clunky in bottom gears”, “Really smooth low down”, “Quick shifter clunky below 4K revs”, “Smooth quickshifter throughout”. Gotta love the journo’s :blast

We need a UKgser review :D

Plus the stupid comments like "the tank is shaped so you can grip it with your knees when off road"! A sentence written by some who's never been off road, after reading another review by someone who's never been off road.

A decent review by some like Llel at Brake magazine is required!

I watched the video reviewing came away wondering what it does that my KTM1190R doesn't do better and vastly cheaper?

It arguably looks better perhaps.

Nothing, would be my guess. They bang on about the electronics, I suppose. But your 1190R is about the same weight and 40hp more.

I went on the Ducati factory tour on Monday, not normally my thing, but I was in Bologna so why not. The DesertX is made on the same production line as the Devil thing, which has about 6 work stations. Don’t take this as fact, as by the time we got to the actual production lines I was loosing the will to live. The tour was average at best. During the whole visit, production, QC, dyno, despatch…..I reckon I saw 15 DesertXs and only one on the production line. Mine is due in June (was May), I will be amazed if they meet the delivery date.

Delivery date just received from the dealer - 25th June!!!!

Test ride later this week, my bike is confirmed for the 17th June. Time to get the maps out.

You can tell me how really good (hopefully) that it is then!

Have you chosen all of your spec?

Any feedback from anyone here who has splashed the cash yet?

They must have landed by now!

I think it looks fabulous and it is tempting - Leeds now have a demo bike i believe

All it needs is heated grips and the upgraded bash plate thing and that takes it to Circa £15K

Luggage pointless as a bag on the back would do

Heads up for UK peeps collecting their bikes….none of the UK insurance companies have the bike listed. So you will have to call them. I eventually got insurance through GoCompare at £225. By way of comparison my 2018 1200GSA is £132. The highest quote for the DesertX was £520 from Carol Nash.

My bike is n way from Italy at long list - fingers crossed for next weekend

Back
Top Bottom