Desert X

Luggage options now coming to market pic from Hepco & Becker @ Eicma

Attachments

• 955E5066-FCC1-4052-98F7-8805C7AA08EE.jpeg
    955E5066-FCC1-4052-98F7-8805C7AA08EE.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 413
I think most notable was a shake of hands between the fellas before any discussion. In the UK, that would have been a shouting match first :blast

Well I guess thats better than being shot.

Good example of how to stay cool and keep things as calm as possible. After all...disappointing day for the car driver.

Quite amusing that people going past recognised him. Imagine that helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the colour of this one. How much would it actually cost to paint something like this?

Picture taken from a video talking about the demise of bike shows.

Attachments

• D515B6B1-E694-4B7D-8577-7CA43AD8D4EB.jpg
    D515B6B1-E694-4B7D-8577-7CA43AD8D4EB.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 282
That's the best bike review I've seen in a very long time. Brilliant.

I'm sure some will use them in the dirt. Maybe.

That's the best bike review I've seen in a very long time. Brilliant.

I'm sure some will use them in the dirt. Maybe.

There was a fleet of Italian reg demonstrators at the ABR rally this year. They took some hammer going out about every 90 mins with wannabes all over the weekend

I came across these pics of a Mosko solution ‘without pannier frame’ on a Desert X that may be of interest.

Attachments

• 4C565281-303B-493B-8FAC-76655CE29D45.jpg
    4C565281-303B-493B-8FAC-76655CE29D45.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 606
  • 99CBF86A-5FB6-468E-8E3E-6941757FA4A1.jpg
    99CBF86A-5FB6-468E-8E3E-6941757FA4A1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 605
  • F63B05F4-733A-499F-B4B7-043C6F8A30F5.jpg
    F63B05F4-733A-499F-B4B7-043C6F8A30F5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 607
Well, I’m convinced. I took a test ride yesterday, and after getting over the shock of 70 years of development (I rode to the dealership on an Enfield Bullet) I decided to give one a go. This is the first Ducati I’ve fancied since the original Monstro, and I didn’t fit that. Before that, it’s 80’s endurance racers and of course the Elefant. Seeing as Ducati have made a bike just for me, it would be rude not to.

It’s a bone stock ex demo bike that I’ve bought. Plans are for factory heated grips, maybe a centre stand, a rack for a Pelican case and a left hand pannier frame for some soft luggage. Has anyone bought luggage frames that aren’t interlinked, or a rack that would suit a Peli?

Well, I’m convinced. I took a test ride yesterday, and after getting over the shock of 70 years of development (I rode to the dealership on an Enfield Bullet) I decided to give one a go. This is the first Ducati I’ve fancied since the original Monstro, and I didn’t fit that. Before that, it’s 80’s endurance racers and of course the Elefant. Seeing as Ducati have made a bike just for me, it would be rude not to.

It’s a bone stock ex demo bike that I’ve bought. Plans are for factory heated grips, maybe a centre stand, a rack for a Pelican case and a left hand pannier frame for some soft luggage. Has anyone bought luggage frames that aren’t interlinked, or a rack that would suit a Peli?

Good work. I'm not far behind you.

You may like to wait a bit for the rack as Adventure Spec have plans to produce some hard parts for these soon.

My new bike arrived today! It really is a lovely thing, and was used as a sample bike for Evotech, so has some of their bits fitted.

In a funny way, it reminds me of the first series R1200GS I had a while ago. Similar basic proportions, power, even (from what I remember) riding position. All it lacks are the foot warmers either side.

Now to make a decision on luggage before a trip to the Picos in May.

My new bike arrived today! It really is a lovely thing, and was used as a sample bike for Evotech, so has some of their bits fitted.

In a funny way, it reminds me of the first series R1200GS I had a while ago. Similar basic proportions, power, even (from what I remember) riding position. All it lacks are the foot warmers either side.

Now to make a decision on luggage before a trip to the Picos in May.

If I may make a luggage suggestion, and I don't know all of your luggage variables or preferences, but I would recommend either the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 or 40 for quality and ease of fitting.

I'll be fitting my R40 to my bike (arrives Monday) for my next trip in March. Minimal hardware required, although I'll probably get a rack like Tetley suggested above.

I think hard luggage sticks out a bit too much for the clean lines of this bike, but each to their own. :thumb2

If I may make a luggage suggestion, and I don't know all of your luggage variables or preferences, but I would recommend either the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 or 40 for quality and ease of fitting.

I'll be fitting my R40 to my bike (arrives Monday) for my next trip in March. Minimal hardware required, although I'll probably get a rack like Tetley suggested above.

I think hard luggage sticks out a bit too much for the clean lines of this bike, but each to their own. :thumb2

New bike day is almost here; how exciting :clap:clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom