Desert X

Interested in any updated owner opinions, running costs, and reliability? I test-rode one today at Alton Ducati and loved the character. Having sold my GSA, I'm seriously considering one of these.

This morning I delivered a Desert X to a very nice chap. It is his second, and he is keeping the first. He has fallen totally in love with them having just returned from a long Euro tour. I can certainly see the appeal and I particularly like the retro styling. So many modern bikes are, in my opinion, over styled.

It is a shame, I rode one for 45 mins or so last week and once above 70 mph the buffeting from an aftermarket screen was making my helmet visor shake and give me blurred vision
Apart from that, it's a cracker
The Tenere 700 screen (for me) ain't good, by any means and I have had to fir screen adjusters, a National Cycle V screen and a Touratech spoiler to make it acceptable.............modern bikes, eh

My test ride was blighted by buffeting but I thought a lot of it was coming from the fork tunnel behind the screen as it was lifting my helmet up. Might it be the meeting of the two air sources colliding.

Can anyone confirm if the connectivity is worth the extra and exactly what it give extra. And last, I’m told the Givi box will fit the factory topbox rack fittings.

Sent from my backyard

I thought this may be of interest. Desert X used in the desert but by a non-professional rider. Amazed it can do that with the weight.

My test ride was blighted by buffeting but I thought a lot of it was coming from the fork tunnel behind the screen as it was lifting my helmet up. Might it be the meeting of the two air sources colliding.

Can anyone confirm if the connectivity is worth the extra and exactly what it give extra. And last, I’m told the Givi box will fit the factory topbox rack fittings.

Sent from my backyard

If they could just sort the screen buffeting

I have tried the standard and the touring Ducati screens and the buffeting was bad on both. I’ve just put on the WRS Enduro short screen and it has made a vast difference. I rode 100miles today on a mixture of A road and motorway and it has transformed the bike.

Just added the Hepco and Becker luggage plate to replace the passenger seat. Top quality kit and fittings.
0f4b08b66d318f0fae4b3b9336a49156.jpg

8a66024417ed89a9f5ce5222e50e7bf2.jpg

6b4629056f943d90ad14298d7c7c37d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been following Leonoor’s channel (LNR Moto) , on her Desert X and this bike really tempts me.
Piedmont and Fort Jafferau and the tunnel (Galleria Saraceni ) are perfect for the Desert X .

I can’t believe how difficult it is to change the air filter though !

Been down to dealers today
Said they should have the rally in by the end of March. Guy wasn’t in to give me a price on mine.

I’ve been following Leonoor’s channel (LNR Moto) , on her Desert X and this bike really tempts me.
Piedmont and Fort Jafferau and the tunnel (Galleria Saraceni ) are perfect for the Desert X .

I can’t believe how difficult it is to change the air filter though !
Once you’ve had the tank off a couple of times it’s becomes a lot easier
Can get mine off and back on in twenty minutes

The dealer has offered to fit a Titanium Termi exhaust silencer with a Carbon end at a "reduced" price. Other than the sound, I can't see any benefit to spending an extra grand. Or is there......?

The dealer has offered to fit a Titanium Termi exhaust silencer with a Carbon end at a "reduced" price. Other than the sound, I can't see any benefit to spending an extra grand. Or is there......?
Weight also …
Oh and sound :)

Weight also …
Oh and sound :)
I believe the standard and Termi exhausts weigh pretty much the same. The 2.5kg saving is with the full system and you get the Ecu flashed to Evo mode. The slip on seems a lot of money for not a lot.

I believe the standard and Termi exhausts weigh pretty much the same. The 2.5kg saving is with the full system and you get the Ecu flashed to Evo mode. The slip on seems a lot of money for not a lot.
Yeah didn’t realise people still just bought the end cans ;)

A bit marmite this , you’ll either like it or hate it but this is Arrow’s new “Dakar Replica “ silencer …..love this colour scheme . 😍21D590BB-1E7E-4F68-B61D-CFA37136853F.jpeg

The Rally has a seat height of 910mm , which can defeat many . It is reputedly fitted with £4k of extras. The wheels are super light but they’ve gone and fitted tubes tyres. Am I to assume that tubeless tyres are contra indicated on these rims ?
a1785cacb0ae3faf0226c2eb471bb292.jpg

The Rally has a seat height of 910mm , which can defeat many . It is reputedly fitted with £4k of extras. The wheels are super light but they’ve gone and fitted tubes tyres. Am I to assume that tubeless tyres are contra indicated on these rims ?
a1785cacb0ae3faf0226c2eb471bb292.jpg
Makes the standard bike look like a bargain and that’s really what 99% of riders need.

Back
Top Bottom