SW Motech crash bars on a 1250GS

NRG-57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone that has the SW Motech engine crash bars fitted on their 1250GS confirm that they do not cover / interfere with the removal of oil filler cap please ?

Thinking of installing a set on my 2021 GS, but have a nagging doubt somewhere in the back of my mind, that I’ve seen a vid or photo where the ‘upper’ bar that goes across the back of the right hand cylinder to fix to the frame under the fuel tank, straddles the oil filler - meaning removal of the bars to re-fill the oil. (Think this may have been Altrider bars tho :nenau)

All installation photos and vids I’ve seen don’t clarify this for me. Any confirmation info appreciated. Cheers :beerjug:

Can anyone that has the SW Motech engine crash bars fitted on their 1250GS confirm that they do not cover / interfere with the removal of oil filler cap please ?

Thinking of installing a set on my 2021 GS, but have a nagging doubt somewhere in the back of my mind, that I’ve seen a vid or photo where the ‘upper’ bar that goes across the back of the right hand cylinder to fix to the frame under the fuel tank, straddles the oil filler - meaning removal of the bars to re-fill the oil. (Think this may have been Altrider bars tho :nenau)

All installation photos and vids I’ve seen don’t clarify this for me. Any confirmation info appreciated. Cheers :beerjug:

Look no problem at all

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/BMW/R...oducts/protection/crash+bar/4052572057971.htm

Mine is ok.
The biggest thing when fitting is you have to remove the rear main engine bolt as it comes with a longer one.

Attachments

• CA59CB94-65BE-4F44-A6CD-FB52B6B99F9C.jpeg
    CA59CB94-65BE-4F44-A6CD-FB52B6B99F9C.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 229
Thanks Rowle. Appreciate seeing / hearing about your actual instalment… yeah saw on the fitting instructions about the main engine bolt. Made me ponder….. no issue with doing that for you ?

Thanks Rowle. Appreciate seeing / hearing about your actual instalment… yeah saw on the fitting instructions about the main engine bolt. Made me ponder….. no issue with doing that for you ?

I had SW Motech engine bars on my 1200 GS. They were a bit fiddly to fit (proably no more than other bars) and needed a long reach socket on the nut side of that bolt but apart from that no issues though this time I put MachineArt x-heads on my 1250 instead for a change.

Back
Top Bottom