rocket 3

had the old one (shit gearbox blown engine)
is the new one any better ?

The new is a lovely ride but there are no options for a comfortable ride for the pillion or decent luggage. Therefore, it is a great ride, stupidly big smooth engine that’s great for one up.

The previous model ( which I have) has suffered from bad gearboxes and poor cooling but once fixed and recalls applied is excellent and can carry pillion comfortably.

Several deals on the new one.

had the old one (shit gearbox blown engine)
is the new one any better ?

Chalk & Cheese different

The only issues I have been aware of are rear brake fade (sorted once bled) a few have moaned about battery life in the keyless remote (I have the same remote on my XC and it has on a couple of occasions claimed the remote was out of range whilst it was sat in my pocket - I have never changed the battery) and some have complained of electrical issues such as indicators not working !

No secret deals, just promos from the dealers. The new black version and factory spec seem to get deals. I get a number of emails about them but do t follow up because I’d buy one and u til they do a rear seat and luggage it’s not good for me.

to be honest its the passenger set up that is putting me off,
i love the engine etc,been offered a new gt for 19k but again i cannot see the mrs putting up with the luggage / seat set up.
i fancy it for myself but we do use it at least twice a year to tour on.
my current ride is a 1600 gt.

Good to hear it’s not just me. Shame they haven’t done something about this yet.

saw a rocket with the pannier and rack set up,
i cant see me self putting up with that set up so still considering .
got another year left with the warrantee on the 1600 so might make the most of it.

Back
Top Bottom