Gear Assist Pro

I’ve just got a 2015 gsa and was looking into getting a qspa
I thought all lc came with it unfortunately I found out they don’t ��
It’s not a cheap upgrade
But really did want it
Is it worth buying

I had it retro fitted on my 2015 GS, and it’s never been good. I works best changing up when the engine is cold, but once it’s up to operating temperature it’s average at best. I only ever use it going up from 3rd to 4th and upwards, going down the box it’s useless, so I never bother with it.

I had it retro fitted on my 2015 GS, and it’s never been good. I works best changing up when the engine is cold, but once it’s up to operating temperature it’s average at best. I only ever use it going up from 3rd to 4th and upwards, going down the box it’s useless, so I never bother with it.

Cheers bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I transited from a K1600 GTL to a new R1250 GS Adventure TE last May. I have to say the Quick Shift works well but there is a knack to using it as with most things. Particular when changing down. Going up through the box is normally smooth and rapid, particularly under some power, I use it all the time. Changing down can be a little problematic IF the throttle is not fully closed and you try to do it too quickly. To keep things smooth and to get the engine blip well co-ordinated I found the trick ensure the throttle is closed, then apply a little pressure to the gear shift, akin to giving the system a warning, then shift down. It takes a little practise but once mastered change downs are as smooth as silk and quick. Even passing the 'she who must be obeyed' test with compliments for smoothness. Happy days.

The major thing to avoid is changing up and down in an over-run condition with partial throttle. It does not like that, again with practise, especially riding around town adapting to blind car drivers, judicious use of the clutch comes in very handy. Again a bit of practise when to and when not to use the clutch comes bears fruit. Bottom line I'm happy with my GSA quick shift which is just as smooth as my GTL with its turbine smooth six cylinders.

My two cents worth.

Stay safe and well guys.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom