Back in the Saddle

Kamba

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just got back into biking after a 6 year sabbatical due to work & family commitments.
I grew up with bikes, my Dad always had them(including an 1100gs) and I have had quite a few over the years. I wasn't allowed on my old man's GS, too big for me he said!
Anyways, I always said I wanted one.
I sold my mint '91Yammy FJ1200 and my '06 BMW K1200s in 2015, which I regretted, but new family responsibilities etc forced my hand..... well that's my excuse:augie
I finally couldn't handle being bike-less and eventually got my 1st GS this year.
Unfortunately, 8 weeks in, My bike and nearly me were written off by a young car driver making a u turn across my path just off a roundabout.
Several months later, I am almost 100% recovered and replaced my bike too, so headed off on 2000 mile trip up to Skye and around Scotland.
Truly beautiful place and enjoyed on a very impressive bike that is definitely a keeper.
Thanks for reading, see you all around out there.
Cheers:thumb2

Hi All,
Just got back into biking after a 6 year sabbatical due to work & family commitments.
I grew up with bikes, my Dad always had them(including an 1100gs) and I have had quite a few over the years. I wasn't allowed on my old man's GS, too big for me he said!
Anyways, I always said I wanted one.
I sold my mint '91Yammy FJ1200 and my '06 BMW K1200s in 2015, which I regretted, but new family responsibilities etc forced my hand..... well that's my excuse:augie
I finally couldn't handle being bike-less and eventually got my 1st GS this year.
Unfortunately, 8 weeks in, My bike and nearly me were written off by a young car driver making a u turn across my path just off a roundabout.
Several months later, I am almost 100% recovered and replaced my bike too, so headed off on 2000 mile trip up to Skye and around Scotland.
Truly beautiful place and enjoyed on a very impressive bike that is definitely a keeper.
Thanks for reading, see you all around out there.
Cheers:thumb2

Great ! Glad you’re back on board and that you enjoyed Scotland!

Back
Top Bottom