Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Baby sister to the 900 announced.

b9d7f94a6d74d5286d13bccbab429383.jpg

6b33fa7b01f4f1dddc43fefdddf43803.jpg

59b2a9c129cf97cfcaf7ec52aa41e957.jpg

Been rumored for a while

Personally I think it should be a 4 cylinder and they should’ve put a “proper” exhaust on it for the sake of retro styling

Yes but they were never going to develop a new 4 cylinder just for this bike when all their other 650s use the twin !!

The Green one just about pulls it off; but it would have slaughtered the opposition with a 4 cyl engine; and could probably carried a premium price too; the original Z650 was billed as a 750 beater and it did; still ; it's not bad.

Yes but they were never going to develop a new 4 cylinder just for this bike when all their other 650s use the twin !!

True unfortunately,

Honda on the other hand have a 650cc 4 cylinder motor, they are already said to be making a retro styled CB1000, wonder if they’ll follow up with a 4 pot CB650 or maybe even a CB750 for historical accuracy :nenau

Not sure about that. Looks a bit like the Mr Martini abomination from a few years ago.

5c9ea8b647bc2f8321033a30f6d53536.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First review is in

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7nc3LPXx6U4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m warming to it.
I’ve rented a Versys 650 in Mexico and that went very well.
My 701 is in for a service on Monday and I’m being loaned a Z650 so will see how that goes.

The Green one just about pulls it off; but it would have slaughtered the opposition with a 4 cyl engine; and could probably carried a premium price too; the original Z650 was billed as a 750 beater and it did; still ; it's not bad.

I like it! Accept it for what it is and stop living in the past :beerjug:

Ok so the engine's very different, but the tank and tail piece do a great job of honouring the original. If I was in that market, I'd look at one just for the nostalgia.

Boothy likes it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YgWi0Iofypw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok so the engine's very different, but the tank and tail piece do a great job of honouring the original. If I was in that market, I'd look at one just for the nostalgia.

It looks quite like the original, is lighter, and has similar power. Nevertheless I’d judge it on whether it’s a nice bike to ride regardless of Kawasaki’s past success with the Z650, which I owned and loved.

as a second bike for summer and a quick ride to waitrose it's be a hoot. Nice burbling sound too. Quite catching. Seems to go fast enough for nice b roads.. Do we still have those here though? lol

Back
Top Bottom