Anyone have a Desert Fox fuel bladder I can borrow?

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Off on a 5 day trip North from Thursday, just to be prepared was looking at buying a fuel bladder but all out of stock. Anyone have one I could borrow or sell me pls?

just so you know they are all out of stock because you cant use them in the UK

No. Jerry can or plastic cans like the ones you get for a fiver at the station.

There are plenty of fuel stations in the Scottish Highlands.

Whether they have fuel or not, that's part of the adventure! :green gri

There are plenty of fuel stations in the Scottish Highlands.
Whether they have fuel or not, that's part of the adventure! :green gri

Unlike the government I like to be prepared. The adventure for me is doing the miles and not looking for fuel.

Didn't know, think Nippy Norman advertised them a few months ago. Why are they not allowed to be used in UK?

in short because the legislation prevents their use. You can use plastic containers in 5l or metal in 10l and thats it, strictly you cant use old army jerry cans any more, but flexible fuel bladders have never been legal in the uk

in short because the legislation prevents their use. You can use plastic containers in 5l or metal in 10l and thats it, strictly you cant use old army jerry cans any more, but flexible fuel bladders have never been legal in the uk

Thanks for that info. Learn something everyday. Back to plastic container then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avon used to make them in 6 gallon size for their RIBs and inflatables. they hang on the side of the tube off the lifelines, far better than a solid fuel tank crashing about the bottom boards.... unfortunately Avon got bought out by Zodiac, but they still make the bladder tanks for MilPro use. For liesure use the prescribed plastic red tank, or built in stainless steel is the norm.

Still available, but a little on the expensive side!

https://www.ibsparts.co.uk/product/zodiac-milpro-6-usg-22-7l-flexible-cylindrical-fuel-tank-z66079/

I'm up in Ullapool and seen no abnormal queues for fuel, apart from when a hired motorhome's "driver" can't get into the right place to refill. Scourie and Durness were operating happily whilst there was mayhem in the less remote areas. No queues even in Ullapool. Aberdeen had empty petrol stations, when even Huntly did have fuel, and no queues on Sunday.

I'm up in Ullapool and seen no abnormal queues for fuel, apart from when a hired motorhome's "driver" can't get into the right place to refill. Scourie and Durness were operating happily whilst there was mayhem in the less remote areas. No queues even in Ullapool. Aberdeen had empty petrol stations, when even Huntly did have fuel, and no queues on Sunday.
Thanks John, fingers crossed.

Give it a couple of days and the fuss will die down...
Was same with toilet paper and pasta last year. Think some people still eating pasta every night. But as I said earlier Fingers crossed we have an uneventful trip and just spectacular riding, good seafood and a few single malts to talk about after.

Back
Top Bottom