Multi V4 Pikes peak

I hate to be the pedant but that is 166Kg dry weight for the 890R

Your Ape is 184 dry

My SF is 199 wet :D

Horses for courses tho as your 890 is quite track focused wheras the multi is more rounded in its aspirations

Ducati have lighter and more powerful bikes in their line up so they wont care much but weight is always a consideration for me these days and i do think that the V4 multi in all its guises has been developed as a direct competitor to the GS where the old multi was a sportier alternative My 1260 PP was down to about 210KG wet with only slightly less BHP than the V4 ....

The Pikes peak is now well overpriced IMO but it will sell well ....

Ape and SF coming in about the same then with a full tank ..

cd9b76dd3119c140960d105f6defca3c.png

I can’t see it being a big seller.

Dealers are getting limited number of bikes, one particular dealer is only getting 3 and 2 are already sold, 3rd bike is due feb for March reg.

Dealers are getting limited number of bikes, one particular dealer is only getting 3 and 2 are already sold, 3rd bike is due feb for March reg.

Classic ploy to build hype.
Who really wants to fork out £30k for an ‘adventure bike’ which was launched on a track showing it all crossed up etc.
Get a V4S if you want a fast adventure bike, or a Panigale if you want to go on track.This bike is pretty pointless .

£30k!!? Are you having a laff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic ploy to build hype.
Who really wants to fork out £30k for an ‘adventure bike’ which was launched on a track showing it all crossed up etc.
Get a V4S if you want a fast adventure bike, or a Panigale if you want to go on track.This bike is pretty pointless .

Even as a Ducati fan boy I have to agree on the pointless bit

Yes they have given it some tricky suspension and a few carbon bits and for me most importantly a single sided swing arm, ( The V4S should have had this already) But it has no more power than the V4 etc

At least for me it looks more like a Multistrada should rather than, and I know this is harsh, A Honda cross tourer

I simply do not like the V4 Multi on its looks alone - I fully accept that it is a great bike to ride but as you say if you want balls out performance and handling get a Panni or a street fighter

Yes they have given it some tricky suspension and a few carbon bits and for me most importantly a single sided swing arm, ( The V4S should have had this already) But it has no more power than the V4 etc

At least for me it looks more like a Multistrada should rather than, and I know this is harsh, A Honda cross tourer

I simply do not like the V4 Multi on its looks alone - I fully accept that it is a great bike to ride but as you say if you want balls out performance and handling get a Panni or a street fighter
How very dare you......you'll be hearing from my attorney!!

(Crosstourer owner)

S20 5G sent this......
81415300ba5329d14986f68f1f79a317.jpg

Have to add , surely the V4S is the pointless bike as its a one rider , windblast hyper ship , only good for figures that cant be reached .:nenau At lest the V4 Multi is usable and realistic to the normal rider on normal roads

Have to add , surely the V4S is the pointless bike as its a one rider , windblast hyper ship , only good for figures that cant be reached .:nenau At lest the V4 Multi is usable and realistic to the normal rider on normal roads

I agree entirely on it being pointless in comparison to the Multi. The Multi is without doubt a very good bike ( as I have said on numerous occasions ) it just is not for me as I think in its quest to compete with the GS ( and it is no doubt better) it has lost its way from the days when Greg Tracy and Carlin Dinne thrashed it up pikes pike to victory

To some the SF is pointless and ludicrous for the very reasons you state but even at almost legal speeds it is just so good at what it is - no compromise Hyper naked

I can happily tour on it as it is so comfy

I wish everyone who has ordered a V4 PP all the very best but it just is not for me

I agree entirely on it being pointless in comparison to the Multi. The Multi is without doubt a very good bike ( as I have said on numerous occasions ) it just is not for me as I think in its quest to compete with the GS ( and it is no doubt better) it has lost its way from the days when Greg Tracy and Carlin Dinne thrashed it up pikes pike to victory

To some the SF is pointless and ludicrous for the very reasons you state but even at almost legal speeds it is just so good at what it is - no compromise Hyper naked

I can happily tour on it as it is so comfy

I wish everyone who has ordered a V4 PP all the very best but it just is not for me

Appreciate your reply , we all are different and im sure if we had the cash our garages would be full of all sorts.
My point was not to knock the V4s , only to point out the need that a rider wants from his bike and prevoius snipes at what could and will be a great bike .
I would like to ride a naked again but as posted before kneck injury stops that and the multi fits the bill for me as the V4s does for you.:beerjug::beerjug:
I think some look at the new bikes with some unjust points and also a bit of pointless criticism.

Of course they do its the inter web !!

I am just very happy that so many are now buying Ducati as a mainstream bike on the one hand but a little disappointed that Ducati are chasing mainstream popularity rather than staying in the niche

But thats business for ya I suppose

Oh I forgot at least with the PP they have a 17 inch front (I think ) which goes back to what it should be

Of course they do its the inter web !!

I am just very happy that so many are now buying Ducati as a mainstream bike on the one hand but a little disappointed that Ducati are chasing mainstream popularity rather than staying in the niche

But thats business for ya I suppose

Oh I forgot at least with the PP they have a 17 inch front (I think ) which goes back to what it should be

Ducati have amassed a huge toolbox of tech which they now share for the production bikes , 4 year warrantee , better dealers now , moving in the correct direction and above all making sexy bikes that deliver.:beerjug::beerjug:

Stick , you going to part ex the V4S then ?
I thought you were loving it ?

I am , and love the bike but the thought of a better choice of rubber makes it an easy task . Pushing hard makes little issues magnified, even with the CTA 3 . With sport rubber I can push harder which the bike wants , plus the loss of the Enduro bit makes it a great package . Mines arriving 24th Dec but won’t see it till around 19th Jan . To add this bike for me ticks all boxes . 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom