Multi V4 Pikes peak

Was your delivery date prediction accurate, would you say? I was told “mid to end March” yesterday and it all seems a bit vague. Thanks for the pictures, hope it all goes well when the roads improve!

Was your delivery date prediction accurate, would you say? I was told “mid to end March” yesterday and it all seems a bit vague. Thanks for the pictures, hope it all goes well when the roads improve!

Originally 24thDec , but knew that was hoping , then a few weeks after , but delayed . Then the 18 feb and it arrived 2 weeks early , delayed after due to panel faults and 3m cover , so actually got it on the 17th , so was a bit early . Feeling is now they are around the delivery should be more accurate , but I’m not a dealer so best to keep up to date with them . 👍👍

Nice day for a ride

dfeafd545a00b4a010af5a7ba18d714f.jpg

No Ducati dealer over here !!

Think I prefer the 1290 though . Might be up for sale soon .

Bugger, looks a nice bike. Then again, you might be able to sell it to Nutty, if you still have his contact. Cause from what I understand, he hasn’t yet got hold of his one. Must be fuming!

No Ducati dealer over here !!

Think I prefer the 1290 though . Might be up for sale soon .

Ah ok I didn’t realise you’d bought one :confused:

My local dealership tells me that Ducati have said to expect stock deliveries to be behind schedule for the first quarter or longer, which will help if you decide to sell.

Bugger, looks a nice bike. Then again, you might be able to sell it to Nutty, if you still have his contact. Cause from what I understand, he hasn’t yet got hold of his one. Must be fuming!

Ha ha .
I’d rather burn it than have any dealings with him , after what he did to you !! :)

After a quick ride , the missus prefers the 1290. Says it much comfier. She also says it’s sounds better and looks better !!

“ Why have they painted a 1 on the tank ?”

Why indeed !!!

Ha ha .
I’d rather burn it than have any dealings with him , after what he did to you !! :)

Fair enough!

In any case, it won’t hang around if you do decide to sell it before the showrooms fill up with stock bikes.

Fair enough!

In any case, it won’t hang around if you do decide to sell it before the showrooms fill up with stock bikes.

I’ve already got somebody with first dibs .

But don’t get me wrong , it’s a cracking bike and I do like it . But it’s not as good as all the hype .

But don’t get me wrong , it’s a cracking bike and I do like it . But it’s not as good as all the hype .

Perfect.! You’ll probably make a bob or two too. Best of luck and many fun hours spent riding for the new owner, should he go ahead with the purchase. Good looking bike, but I must agree with your missus. Why did Ducati have to on every bike stamp “1” on it? Very strange. I understand a limited run type numbering system, but 1??? :nenau

Did you give it long enough and on some decent roads . this was post 450 miles and ridden hard in shit conditions and was fantastic .

Attachments

• sa.jpg
    sa.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 423
  • as.jpg
    as.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 426
judging by the rear tyre id say its been pushed home from the dealers :D

Lots of money but very special…

Attachments

• 766B4C93-C958-41B8-A9DD-8B7B5FE8F767.jpg
    766B4C93-C958-41B8-A9DD-8B7B5FE8F767.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 408
  • DD9A27D0-439C-4867-814D-4BAFC4CD2F4C.jpg
    DD9A27D0-439C-4867-814D-4BAFC4CD2F4C.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 420
Did you give it long enough and on some decent roads . this was post 450 miles and ridden hard in shit conditions and was fantastic .

Bit tricky on Guernsey !!
The motor is great but lacks that instant punch of the 1290.
It’s also not as smooth low down,which surprised me.
Hopefully I’ll get to take it away before too long and give it a proper test.

judging by the rear tyre id say its been pushed home from the dealers :D

It was a bit wet and covered in grit , so could not push as far as I wanted , it wanted to but I wished not to bin it on cold roads made my right and see sense ans the fact that 6k max on the revs made it harder.

Bit tricky on Guernsey !!
The motor is great but lacks that instant punch of the 1290.
It’s also not as smooth low down,which surprised me.
Hopefully I’ll get to take it away before too long and give it a proper test.

If you can get out on better roads the bike will be fine , as the revs rise it gets so much better and the pull is brilliant and smooth and linear with nor surprises , but yes you do need to run higher revs , but thats what a Ducati is all about now I have run one before this one (V4s) It basically flies.

Back
Top Bottom