Metzeler Tourance Next

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
I had a set of these fitted to my TC GSA today, I watched both go on the balance machine (or whatever it's called) but the rear came out without any wheel weights added. Never had a tyre on a bike without at least a small amount of weight added, is this common??

It seemed to ride OK but then all brand new tyres do don't they, I'm wondering if I should take it somewhere else and ask them to check it in case it wears wrong, could it damage anything (bearings etc) if it's slightly out even to the point where I can't feel it?

I had these fitted to my Super Ten last week before a Scotland trip, the rear had a good amount of weight added but there was next to nothing on the front.

Its the first time I've run them and they were very good, 1600 miles of heavy rain over all sorts of road conditions and not one slip, we were pressing on a bit too.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I had several sets on my two GSAs never took a blind bit of notice of how many weights were fitted, except there always seemed to be a mess to remove from th3 rims after a new set were fitted. Great boots

Phoned the matey first thing, he confirmed that no weight was required on the rear wheel.

Whether I'm overthinking it, or I don't trust the tyre guy, I still feel like I might pop it out for a 2nd opinion, even though I watched him do the whole job through the window :blast

Phoned the matey first thing, he confirmed that no weight was required on the rear wheel.

Whether I'm overthinking it, or I don't trust the tyre guy, I still feel like I might pop it out for a 2nd opinion, even though I watched him do the whole job through the window :blast

Just Ride it.
If nothing Wobbles, Squirrels or Vibrates then there's nothing to panic about.
And yes...You are Overthinking it......

The experience on my Super10 is much the same as yoyo (#2). A few grams on the rear, but no balance weight on the front - seems perfect too.

Grip good, profile gives a slightly different feel to the old Battlewings, but then I'm probably guilty trying to of compare old & worn with the new.

as the rear is the easy one to balance.... it probably didn't need it... (it fits straight on a car one, micheldever only ever do the rear of mine on their car one... he says its much quicker...)

BillyBoxer beat me to it. Until you ride it, you'll not know... It's not a given that weights are needed. Tho I do get your thinking as yes, it's pretty rare none are needed. But I have had no weights on wheels in the past.

As an addition, my front wheel (at the moment I think it's the front) is balanced wrongly. I've had to flippin ride about 6k miles with a front wheel that begins to vibrate at around the 127kmh mark. Very annoying! But after all those miles, I have at least established it's speed related, so I'm fairly convinced it's the wheel balancing.

So to this end, get out and ride it at as many speeds as you're able for a sustained period (3-4min) to understand if there's anything. It won't do anything except annoy or scare you! But in all cases it'll come in slowly, you'll feel it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom