Before I buy help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, before I commit to a new Rallye 1250 this week I'm slightly concerned about the number a late reg bikes back on the market for sale and also the times I see Rallye seats bought / sold again.
So the couple of things that concern me are the seat comfort vs normal twin seats (solo), no centre stand, rally pegs not rubber mounted road pegs and small screen although I'd probably fit a Puig barn door anyway.
Owners / ex owners help please.
Cheers

I have the 21 Rallye TE. However its not as you imagine. My dealer, Vertu Sunderland, said they dont sell the Rallye as it comes from BMW. What they do sell, and I bought one, is a sensible Rallye that has normal screen, centre stand with protector, two piece seat, Rad protector, but same colour scheme as the Rallye.

Hi, before I commit to a new Rallye 1250 this week I'm slightly concerned about the number a late reg bikes back on the market for sale and also the times I see Rallye seats bought / sold again.
So the couple of things that concern me are the seat comfort vs normal twin seats (solo), no centre stand, rally pegs not rubber mounted road pegs and small screen although I'd probably fit a Puig barn door anyway.
Cheers

I have a 2019 Rally and you can get rubber inserts for the footpegs. Mine came as standard with the 2 part seat and center stand. It was an ex-demo TE model.

Yep, I'm in agreement. Normal seat and stand.

You actually have to specify the Rallye Seat and centre stand removal when you do the configuration.
I had aggro with the dealer after ordering a Rallye only to be told it wasn't coming in the "Rallye" configuration BMW lead you to believe.
I think I've used the centre stand less than a dozen times. In fact the lug has been cut off as it fouls my heel causing pain and issues when you need to move your feet!
Rallye seat for me is more comfortable but then I'm not "tosser sized".
No issues with the Rallye pegs either.
Mind - a lot of what you are seeing could be down to the typical rider.......

When I ordered my new bike i was undecided as to whether to get a gsa rallye or a gsa triple black , dealer reckoned that out of every 10 rallye's they sell 9 of them have the dual seats option fitted.

Went for a triple black

Cheers

seem you in hurry to give money away, winter here soon, better waiting will be many better deals

When I ordered my new bike i was undecided as to whether to get a gsa rallye or a gsa triple black , dealer reckoned that out of every 10 rallye's they sell 9 of them have the dual seats option fitted.

Went for a triple black

This is a specc'd Rallye option kit with rallye seat, engine bars, low screen and sports pipe. I've a spare set of seats to use as normal so a rallye seat gives me more options and the rallye option spec comes without the stand. The ones I've seen are std seats & gold wheels or rallye spec & black wheels which I prefer.

To finish the thread I've bought a 40th bumblebee from Chester and a great month end deal, Thanks Chester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom