Foldable camping chair decision.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Albeit I had a bit of a sleepless weekend camping at the ‘Window Lickers’ rally, it was compounded by the loss of my Helinox high back chair with accessories from the back of the bike on the way. Only noticed something amiss when through my mirror saw the tent fall off. The chair went earlier as the adjustable straps loosened.
Did try to find it back tracking some ways back.

Can’t afford to waste £150 on another high end chair so looking for a clone.
Similar to the Helinox, two have caught my eye. One uses the hard plastic adapters to slot in the tubes, another a bigger hollow aluminium tube to slot angled tubes for seat.

What’s on eBay U.K. are the same as Ali Express so all made in China.
But which of the two types are best for holding up to 115Kg of mass?

Patria o Muerte

A couple of us that hang around together and ride have this one , and I'm around the 115KG mark

I bought an adventuridge tall fold up chair. Works a treat. Quite weighty but solid (so far) Done 2 trips with it. £40 from the range.

e674fdc8e04ee4cb6185302e69be4968.jpg

Besides the usual cross section hard plastic fitting, I was also thinking of this format. Especially if one moves around in the chair.

Patria o Muerte

e674fdc8e04ee4cb6185302e69be4968.jpg

Besides the usual cross section hard plastic fitting, I was also thinking of this format. Especially if one moves around in the chair.

Patria o Muerte

Aluminium alloy steel pipe..... that doesn't seem right. Either it is steel, or it is aluminium of some sort. 25mm is pretty hefty.

I've got a couple of vango high backs, will fit in a pannier if required, great chairs. I got the high backs with the arms and beer can holder (of course) great to sit in after a long day and more comfy than the smaller lower ones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930_132123_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930_132123_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 493
  • Screenshot_20210930_132206_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930_132206_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 499
Robens Observer High Back Chair...weight up to 120 kg

Attachments

• BED96E18-93E7-4018-85CC-04B413740A46.jpg
    BED96E18-93E7-4018-85CC-04B413740A46.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 482
I had a lower fold up one. I'd recommend going for the taller one. Easier to get out of! More comfy but it is bigger.

I’ve got the Helinox Beach Chair. It’s very comfy and packs up small, can take my weight etc….. but, as mentioned before, it’s a bit of a pain to get in and out. It’s ok once you’re in it though.

I wanted a lower one so it could be used under a low tarp.

Cliq gets good reviews
USA based
Folds up to the size of a Thermos flask
Google it

Cliq gets good reviews
USA based
Folds up to the size of a Thermos flask
Google it

Just had a look at those JB; look like good chair's;
I've been using these Chinķynox for quite a few years now; they've done TTs and classic racing at Chimay and Gedennie loads of times; also had to chuck loads of different sized mates out when they've snaffled em; :D;
Never broke one yet. Less than £30 so lot's of Yorkshire appeal going on; :beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-230429.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-230429.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 363
Anyway, I have bought a generic high backed chair to replace the lost Helinox at close to a 1/4 of the price.
The difference is obvious but, if this one disappears, I'll not cry as loud.

Not as rigid, but it holds my weight and that what matters.

Oh! It also has a side pocket for a beer.

There cannot be too many manufacturers making these.
Most brand names are just stencilled or sewn on.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom