Sat Nav mount iPhone adapter thingy

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks

I’ve recently come across one of those iPhone mounts that basically clips into the OEM satnav mount on a GSA

Anyone used one? Any good?

I’m picking up a 2017 GSA in a week or so and it’s got satnav prep. I don’t really have enough need of a satnav to spend hundreds of £££ so I figured a powered mount for my iPhone was a great solution… and it’s only about £20

Any experiences views of these mounts welcomed!

Yes. Don’t get one. I used mine to tour Scotland a couple of weeks ago. iPhone camera fooked after it.

Ready up on threads on why not to mount iPhone to bars. Sorry

Barry

Remove Nav prep.
Fit Quadlock mirror mount with vibration damper and wireless charger.
Fit NN usb replacement for din plug

Yep, that might be the way forward.

Thanks all

Run an XT on the 690 and 701 BUT they are off road mainly so it is less risk the phone being in a pocket unless needed.
On the GS it’s as above

I've got one of the cheap cradles that slots into the satnav mount and it works perfectly. Done 9000 miles with it across 2 iPhones and no issues at all with the camera as that part of the bike isn't as rigid as the forks/bars.

I've now switch to the QuadLock mount with the anti vibration mount purely so I can charge wirelessly as those cradle thingies although some support QI wireless charging, it doesn't work with an iPhone 12 or later.

I've got one of the cheap cradles that slots into the satnav mount.

Got a link to that please?

I want to mount my regular Garmin satnav to the BMW satnav prep on my GS.
Ideally i`m after an adapter that slots into the satnav prep with a 17mm `G Ball` on it to fit my garmin on to. Does such a thing exist?
Is there a thread on here showing how folk have fitted a regular satnav to the BMW prep mount?

While i`m here, has anyone ever worked out a wiring diagram for the pins on the satnav prep mount, mostly interested in finding out which are battery +ve and ground.

Remove Nav prep.
Fit Quadlock mirror mount with vibration damper and wireless charger.
Fit NN usb replacement for din plug

No need to remove sat nav prep.

I slackened mine off, shifted it all the way it would go to the left and used a quadlock mirror stalk clamp, a quadlock extender knuckle, a vibe damper and a wireless charger. Job sorted......phone and sat nav mounted on the same bar. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom