engine dont turn over

bob d

Reaction score
I have no power at starter motor.
As i turn the key, Fuel pump and all check lights are working, but when push start button, nothing..
I replaced the starter, with no luck...
Electricity dont reach the starter
Bike is 2002 r1150gs

starter relay isnt clicking
I will try again with another relay from my other bike (1100rt)

starter relay isnt clicking
I will try again with another relay from my other bike (1100rt)

First, follow the wire up from the side stand switch and disconnect it and then jump across to make a connection with a piece of wire. Then press the starter. You can cut the side stand switch out.

The side stand switch has nothing to do with the operation of the starter motor.

The fact that your fuel pump primes with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. Or with the side stand up proves one of the earth paths to the start relay.

Try pulling in the clutch to operate the clutch switch which is a second earth path for the stater relay.

If the relay still does not operate, then it’s either the relay, or the start button, or wiring.

Attachments

• D8969A73-6A3B-4552-912E-99F49A70AF69.jpg
    D8969A73-6A3B-4552-912E-99F49A70AF69.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 210
The side stand switch has nothing to do with the operation of the starter motor.

The fact that your fuel pump primes with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. Or with the side stand up proves one of the earth paths to the start relay.

Try pulling in the clutch to operate the clutch switch which is a second earth path for the stater relay.

If the relay still does not operate, then it’s either the relay, or the start button, or wiring.

it was the start button...thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom