Hotel Information near Alton GU34 3DJ

Markyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any bike friendly accommodation near to Bahnstormers in Alton, Gosport Rd, Lower Farringdon, Alton GU34 3DJ.

Ideally having somewhere safe park my GSA.

Thank you,

I don’t immediately, but in the words of Wapping

What’s your budget
How close do you want to be
Which direction are you coming from

There is a premier inn type of place in four marks, so probably only 3 miles from Bahnstormers who aren’t actually in Alton. It’s a nice area so there really must be better options.

I don’t immediately, but in the words of Wapping

What’s your budget
How close do you want to be
Which direction are you coming from

There is a premier inn type of place in four marks, so probably only 3 miles from Bahnstormers who aren’t actually in Alton. It’s a nice area so there really must be better options.
I'm travelling about 6hrs from oop norf down to Bahnstormers Alton. So wanted to travel on a Friday afternoon (date to be sorted) to stay overnight close to Bahnstormers Alton in order to ride to them on the Saturday morning.
Its more important to have safe parking so happy to be a little further away to get it. Price does matter but again happy to pay more for safe parking.

If your from Ryton in the NE, you will find Hampshire pleasantly secure, I’ve had bad experiences in the NE including in some of the nicer places, although I don’t know Ryton.

I will ask friends in the area in case nothing else comes up on here.

If I was looking for somewhere nice to walk round the night before I’d head for Winchester, probably 20 mins to Bahnstormers Alton branch.

How about Alresford, about 20 mins from Bahnstormer, just off the A31 towards Winchester.

The Swan Hotel has a small walled car park that should allow your bike to be parked discretely.

It also a nice place to look around, has the Watercress Line and an excellent Spanish restaurant - Pulpo Negro, amongst others.

Thank you for the info guys it gives me a starter for ten! The Swan Hotel sounds cool though...

I think I’m looking at your Urban GS now at Alton Barnstormer but they know almost nothing about the spec. Could you DM me, I have questions about the Nitron suspension (like, what weight is it set for). Thanks!

I stayed recently at the Hawkley Inn. Tiny village, perfect off-road parking, great food and beer and a great nights sleep......6.4 miles from Hawkley to Barnstormer's.....
https://hawkleyinn.co.uk/

you can just see one of our GS's in their driveway....

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 89
I think I’m looking at your Urban GS now at Alton Barnstormer but they know almost nothing about the spec. Could you DM me, I have questions about the Nitron suspension (like, what weight is it set for). Thanks!

I've tried to send you a pm with info and my number but can't find the DM link? Is it because your not registered on here?

Back
Top Bottom