Tyres on a new bike?

Michelin Anakee adventure 80 /20 tyres on the new bike.

Unrelated quick question about the billeted mirrors: I'm finding that they are not as well shaped and therefore offer less vision than the originals and blur at just above legal motorway speed and beyond that get worse. Have you found this? Or any other TB owners found this? I'm considering replacing them with a second hand 'normal' pair.

Was expecting mine being fitted with Bridgestone A41's or Anakee 3's but no, picked it up today and it is fitted with Anakee Adventure tyres

they are brilliant tyres

Unrelated quick question about the billeted mirrors: I'm finding that they are not as well shaped and therefore offer less vision than the originals and blur at just above legal motorway speed and beyond that get worse. Have you found this? Or any other TB owners found this? I'm considering replacing them with a second hand 'normal' pair.
Mine are fine so far have you checked them using the tools supplied for tightness, at £495 a pair they will sell on easily.

Sold my mirrors the day I collected the bike from the dealer.

Mine also has Anakee Adventure tyres. As others have said, much better than Anakee 3s with regard to road noise. Also, mine is now approaching 4000 miles and I notice they don't square off the same as 3s, which started to noticeably square off at about 3000 miles. I would normally change my tyres to Michelin Road 5s once the tyre that came with the bike wear out, but if the Adventures carry on perfoming as they do I may fit them again.

Mine are fine so far have you checked them using the tools supplied for tightness, at £495 a pair they will sell on easily.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, all the clamps seem tight enough. I wouldn't sell them in case I sold it but when I was told how much they were worth, it was very...........tempting!!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, all the clamps seem tight enough. I wouldn't sell them in case I sold it but when I was told how much they were worth, it was very...........tempting!!

Now imagine the first time you let the bike kiss the ground. The first victims of such a love will be the mirror... for £495... In my case it will be €20 of damage...

I just don’t see how they even found their way as an option on an ‘Adventure bike’, they’re more suited to the R18 or some other custom type bike.

I just don’t see how they even found their way as an option on an ‘Adventure bike’, they’re more suited to the R18 or some other custom type bike.

What is an adventure?

The mirrors on mine are fine, no better or worse than the standards on my 2018 1200,
My 1250 also has the Anakee Adventures, for me no noise issues (i did have big noise issues with Anakee 3s on my 1200) They are good enough to keep on until worn out, then i will probably change for more Road Biased tyres (Road 5's I found to be very good on my previous 1200) .

Conti TA3’s are MUCH quieter

Conti TA3’s are MUCH quieter

I have Battlax A41s on my 1250 GSA currently, and they seem "adequate" - probably reach my limit before theirs! I'm looking to swap them for Road 5's once they wear, however I'll check out the Conti Trail Attack 3's as well... or the Dunlop Mutants, as they also get good reviews. I don't do any off-roading, most off-road I get is a bit of grass verge or gravel.

My 1250GSTE which I got a month ago came with the Bridgestone A41s

My new 1250TE came with A41’s. Two months and two thousand miles in they have been fine, plenty of grip on road wet or dry. Have always hated the Anakees, find them skittish having had them on three previous GS, and have always fitted Metzler as my second set of tyres, the Karoo streets in particular I find mightily impressive as are tourance nexts. Each to their own though……

I know the video is A41's on KTM but they seem to perform very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FjfMTrgaY

I enjoyed the A41's, just found they wore oddly and the front wore as quick as the rear

Tried Michelin PR 5 Trail - Very good

On second pair of Roadtec 01's, like these best of all

Well I’ve seen my bike and it’s on Anakees.

Attachments

• 4CB806EF-9160-404C-9244-B84AD13A8432.jpeg
    4CB806EF-9160-404C-9244-B84AD13A8432.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 299

Back
Top Bottom