Bennetts renewal shock.

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I'm thoroughly disgusted as I can no longer "boil my piss" with policy renewal quotes.

renewal quote for like for like with Bennetts, 2 bikes, Ducati Supersport S and Triumph Street Triple RS and the quote has gone DOWN, yes DOWN by £163.

What on earth is up with them.:D

The fúckers!

Has one of them had it's first birthday in the last year? I have found insurance prices for bikes under a year old is a lot more than when the go past a year. The underwriting risk changes as in the first year, you get a brand new bike even if the bike is 11 months old if written off or stolen. After a year, their potential loss is market value and they will try to settle at trade price.

Read the small print, you will find that there is a no pay out clause in the event of theft of damage and if you try to tax and run the bike the cover is reduced further.

The fúckers!

Has one of them had it's first birthday in the last year? I have found insurance prices for bikes under a year old is a lot more than when the go past a year. The underwriting risk changes as in the first year, you get a brand new bike even if the bike is 11 months old if written off or stolen. After a year, their potential loss is market value and they will try to settle at trade price.

Yes first birthday on the Ducati.

Back
Top Bottom