Windows 11.

davegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seen a couple of ads on T.V re this, I assume it hasent arrived yet?.

Release date is 5th October.

So the release date is 5 Oct 2021 but for anyone looking to buy a new computer, I wonder how long it will take 'em to sort the hardware / software gripes this time round ~ W10 took about a year to debug (inc security issues) and that was based on a tried and tested chipset whereas rumour has it Windows11 uses additional hardware.........

It wants more than TPM 2.0. it's also very fussy about which CPUs it runs on, probably to do with Spectre/ZombieLoad/whatever other flaws are out there.

It wants more than TPM 2.0. it's also very fussy about which CPUs it runs on, probably to do with Spectre/ZombieLoad/whatever other flaws are out there.

Agreed,tried the Windoze Health Check Tool this morning and it said my CPU wasn't suitable and also no TPM,mind you the PC is 11 years old so not surprised,will keep what I've got for the moment.

I certainly wouldn't look to be an early adopter of Windows 11.
Give it a few months. Let the keen ones suffer the bugs.

I upgraded my machine today. I built it last year so new enough t meet the criteria. I mostly use Linux but keep windows on a hard drive to run office apps and Basecamp. Seems to be grand so far…….printer cameras and sat navs all connect fine. No bugs yet :)

Upgraded both my Surface Book 2 and my home made desktop PC yesterday, all good so far, no issues yet and done in 20 minutes via Endpoint manager (InTune as was).

Both have TPM 2.0 as it’s used for a lot more than just bitlocker, and the desktop has a Ryzen 2700X CPU.

Early days but going well so far.

Back
Top Bottom