Exhaust dent

The Heff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have managed to put a large dent in the front of my exhaust down pipe :mad:

Don't ask, but it's as a result of poor forward observation at low speed whilst distracted :blast

Is there any way this dent could be removed by someone locally here in NI or over the border

2013 TC if that makes any difference.

Motorwors looking over £200 for used replacement :eek:

On YouTube I've watched some videos were the exhaust is plugged after removal and filled with air to 150psi, then heated and the dent disappears.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice

That must have been quite the slow speed thump. Is it punctured? Can you just live with it?! Oh a picture would be nice!

There's a metal work company based in Mallusk, Mann Engineering, the guy that runs it. ( Steve) is an absolute genius with metal, he's made exhausts and mended frames for me over the years, might be worth a try.

Man

Thanks for that info Robbi.

Spoke to him by phone today, sent him a photo and he says he should be able to sort it out

Result :bow

Downpipe repair

so, regarding this ongoing problem, with Robbi's recommendation I made contact with Steve at MAN Engineering, located in Mallusk just outside Belfast.

I have the exhaust back now, and I'm very, very happy with the result.

So if you need some metal work done, I certainly have no problem endorsing his workmanship.

See for yourself below.

Attachments

• IMG_20211005_154432.jpg
    IMG_20211005_154432.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG-20211123-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211123-WA0001.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 273
so, regarding this ongoing problem, with Robbi's recommendation I made contact with Steve at MAN Engineering, located in Mallusk just outside Belfast.

I have the exhaust back now, and I'm very, very happy with the result.

So if you need some metal work done, I certainly have no problem endorsing his workmanship.

See for yourself below.

I actually prefer the look of the dented pipe.

Out of Interest, what did you Collide with to produce that Effect?
Our group leader was following the satnav leading us to a hotel in Vitoria, Spain. Unfortunately it took us through a pedestrian area, and I clipped a sneaky 18inch traffic bollard at very low speed. :blast

How do you keep those headers so shiny? My once blued chromed ones now look like a blackened rusty looking mess.

Only just seen this. That's s very smart looking dent. Not sure it does much for gas flow, but it does look quite good

Nice fix. Good job it hit the header not the head itself!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've got an old set of R1 downpipes in my shed with a similar dent on one of the downtubes, I robbed it of bits when my own bikes EXUP valve seized. I might have a go with the blanking and heating someday and see if it will pop out, then rebuild the EXUP from my box of bits.

Back
Top Bottom