RDC batteries

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this has been asked but I’m sat offshore with rubbish internet that searching takes an eternity.

So looking to refurbish my wheels over the winter and will pull the tyres off to do so. Looking to swap the Rdc sensor batteries and wanted to find out what’s needed. Will I need to recode them?

Should I just buy cheap replacement sensors from eBay or do I cut them open swap out the CR2032 batteries and reseal them with epoxy or is there any better way?

Cheers for thoughts.

Thanks
Mark

If changing batteries no need to re code.
Best to buy batteries with tags on them.
seal with epoxy is ok.
Ebay items will need waking up with an RF wake up tool to get to the codes.

Wake up tool is very cheap and useful eBay item number:363469158568.
If you clear the old sensor codes from the ecu with a GS911, when you wake the new sensors up it will write the new codes to the ecu.
You can then make a note of the codes for future use.
You do not have to fit the sensors to the wheels to do this but make sure you remember which sensor fits which wheel.
On pre LC bikes it is not necessary to delete the original codes as the ecu will remember 2 sets of codes, My TC remembers my summer and winter wheel codes.

Perfect sir, thankyou for that much appreciated.

Im going to get a set of these ordered and get them coded before i fit them. At £12 a wheel its less hassle than messing around pulling old batteries out.

Thanks
Mark

Back
Top Bottom