R1150 GS adventure true useable fuel tank volume

Well what no one mentioned was that the big rubber seal under the tank filler neck pops out and is a total bastard to get back in cos it seems to expand on release! :blast
A simple job turned into a twat of a job but managed to wiggle the fucker back in after 15 minutes. I even put it in the freezer for half an hour to see if it would shrink a bit. Nope! :blast
Then, being the clown I am, I put the cap back on the original way round! :D
I did manage to spin it round without the rubber ring popping out again.
I’ve now ordered a new rubber ring from Motorworks so I don’t have to arse about if I have to take it off again for any reason.
You live and learn.
I drilled 3 holes in the filler neck to aid with filling too. :thumb2

Well what no one mentioned was that the big rubber seal under the tank filler neck pops out and is a total bastard to get back in cos it seems to expand on release! :blast
A simple job turned into a twat of a job but managed to wiggle the fucker back in after 15 minutes. I even put it in the freezer for half an hour to see if it would shrink a bit. Nope! :blast
Then, being the clown I am, I put the cap back on the original way round! :D
I did manage to spin it round without the rubber ring popping out again.
I’ve now ordered a new rubber ring from Motorworks so I don’t have to arse about if I have to take it off again for any reason.
You live and learn.
I drilled 3 holes in the filler neck to aid with filling too. :thumb2

Grease the ring, push down and twist back and forth on the filler neck and it pops into place. Takes about 5-10 seconds :D

Freezing it doesn't make it shrink, it makes it hard and less pliable so making it harder to fit :D

Grease the ring, push down and twist back and forth on the filler neck and it pops into place. Takes about 5-10 seconds :D

Freezing it doesn't make it shrink, it makes it hard and less pliable so making it harder to fit :D
I think I found that out! :blast :D

Do they always expand on release? :nenau Will a new one be the same size then?
Grease is a top tip though. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom