R1100GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

West coast gser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Surely after doing work on a bike n replacing clutch n gearbox you should road test it to make sure everything works ok..like the abs etc And if the battery on a trickle charge as it's off the bike not being used .before you give it back to a customer...😡

Surely after doing work on a bike n replacing clutch n gearbox you should road test it to make sure everything works ok..like the abs etc And if the battery on a trickle charge as it's off the bike not being used .before you give it back to a customer...😡

especially for how much you paid for all the work

Anytime I do work on a bike, I always do a last checkover test ride, and do my best to take it a run for at least 10 miles to be sure its all working as it should

and if there is an oddity then I let the customer know ASAP (Even a broken indicator switch!)

especially for how much you paid for all the work

Anytime I do work on a bike, I always do a last checkover test ride, and do my best to take it a run for at least 10 miles to be sure its all working as it should

and if there is an oddity then I let the customer know ASAP (Even a broken indicator switch!)
Yep that's what I thought ..bike shops do that to check everything over..fekin pissed off when I picked it up n took it down the street to the abs didn't engage so turned back n said to him ..he said it should charge up once youre home..it didn't I took it a 30 mile run it was still not working got home n messaged him to be told take out the battery n charge it !! ...so I'll need to do that once home from work today an that's another day I'll not be using it...😡

With the 1100 Version of the ABS II system you need to perform an ABS reset when the battery has been removed and refitted or replaced!

Do you know if you have the flat Diagnostic plug with three wires or the big round one on top of the airbox?

Also When you switch on the ignition Do you get lights blinking on and off as usual together ?

OR straight to alternate lights blinking?

With the 1100 Version of the ABS II system you need to perform an ABS reset when the battery has been removed and refitted or replaced!

Do you know if you have the flat Diagnostic plug with three wires or the big round one on top of the airbox?

Also When you switch on the ignition Do you get lights blinking on and off as usual together ?

OR straight to alternate lights blinking?

Hi its got a flat plug with 3 wires under the seat,think both together then they alternate ..

Resetting ABS2 on early bike

1. Locate the diagnostic connector under the seat. Remove it from the blanking plug.
2. Insert one end of 20 cm wire into the middle socket of this connector.
3. Ground the other end firmly to a metal bolt in the area (and keep grounded).
4. Turn on ignition. You should see the lights flash alternately.
5. Hold ABS button down for about 8 seconds. The bottom ABS light will stay on, and the top one off.
6. Release the ABS button. If you have successfully reset the ABS, both ABS lights will come on. If you have failed to count to 8, or your ground is not good, the top ABS light will stay off.
7. Turn off ignition, remove wire.

Well spent a few hrs after work on the GS ..holy fek ..left hand throttle cable was trapped solid between the wiring harness and the bottom of the battery tray so spent ages untangling it so it ran straight to the junction box ,also found the left hand throttle body clamp @ the manifold was loose you could push it round the manifold,various nuts n bolts not tightened up the right hand throttle cable was trapped by the fuel hoses as they were in front of the cable instead of behind it ..I had wondered how the throttle wasnt returning like it was before it had always been a snappy throttle ..now I know why..:mad:the right hand injector lead had water in it and the connector was pushed back on so it mustve been sitting outside in the rain with it off ..battery is on charge ..jus hope its not fecked ..:mad: I hope the clutch is fitted properly :nenau if not thatll be more fekin expense to get fixed ..feel totally shafted after spending £1200 on it I was jus expecting to jump on it and ride it not faff about with it ... right feked off :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom