Independent mechanic sought

kondorpilot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a competent and reliable independent mechanic who could change the clutch on an 1100. Ideally Central Scotland area ( or further afield if necessary)
Thanks

Calum @ Central Customs, Roslyn. ex Dalkeith head mechanic.

Calum @ Central Customs, Roslyn. ex Dalkeith head mechanic.

Good shout although he's away for most of this month. Having had my LC serviced by him earlier this year, I recently booked my X-Country in with him. The first date he had available was the beginning of November.

Good shout although he's away for most of this month. Having had my LC serviced by him earlier this year, I recently booked my X-Country in with him. The first date he had available was the beginning of November.

Where's he gone?

@West coast gser, I've been following your story since we spoke , hence this request.
Not a recommended service by all accounts, Initial quote for the job was very competitive. Perhaps we now know why!

@West coast gser, I've been following your story since we spoke , hence this request.
Not a recommended service by all accounts, Initial quote for the job was very competitive. Perhaps we now know why!
Yes ..indeed ...also done a last minute checks yesterday before heading out on it after battery being on charge all nite/day ..reset the abs all good but at the clutch lever adjusters he'd adjusted them 5mm instead of 12mm between them so had to re adjust all the free play which the manual says 5-7mm free play gap at the lever before it bites, he's needing to read up on how to adjust a clutch properly on an oilhead😡.filled it up then took it a run about 30miles round trip and on the way back a bit of clutch slip got home n gear oil dripping from the gearbox so that's a new clutch plate will be needed n bolts 😢its started to be a money pit 🤯 so it's off to get fixed soon but not by him ..😢😢

West Coast gser, I appreciate you might not want to divulge the independent who carried out your work, but it may help others especially in the West of and Central belt of Scotland who not to take their beloved BMW oilhead too.
Pm me if you want to, but I would appreciate a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom