#Bikermatesecurebutterinthefridge

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
b754d16ab9a82ce5bacc090b31af7af9.png

A lot of bikes are stolen for parts. Minus front wheel and forks wouldn’t deter the van thefts. I’d have a go with an angle grinder if their looking for someone who knows how to use one to try out their security. Any you probably need two. One for home and one for work. JJH

Nope I don’t think so.

Grinder V padlock, bike gone

I think the picture isn't right. We have a steel heigh barrier gate on our local rec to stop high vehicles (i.e. caravans) coming onto the grass. The padlock sits inside the steel box bit that's on the left of the photo above. There's no way to access the shackle with a grinder - at least not without grinding the box off first. Looks like the smaller photo on the left shows this - but is upside down. The padlock goes up into the steel box, not down as that photo shows.

But the whole thing is a monstrosity anyway. And you could buy a good shed for the price of the thing.

The lock when fitted is inside the box shape. The underside is show in bottom picture. It would be an extra bit of work to cut the steel to get at the lock, probably an extra 10 minutes plus the noise.... long enough to rub the sleep out of your eyes, put on your underpants and grab a bat:eek::D

if you can reach it with a key, you can reach it with a cutter or drill.

Back
Top Bottom